Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Car has been manufactured at the end of 2013 in Turkey plant - start of production, considering Wiki. 1000ccm, Petrol. Manual transmission, A/C, power windows, no power roof.
2. The car is not excessively driven - about of 5000km/y.
3. Battery discharges to the brink of death after 7-10 days if not rechagarged externally (processor controlled recharger, additionally controlled by hightech measurement device).
4. Alternator current &voltage checked - OK
5. EVERY fuse - in the front box and instrument panel box - has been checked for residual currents (i.e. after switching off ignition, lights, radio, and doors closed including the rear one). The only parasitic current of 80mA has been located on "B+1" fuse (50A) in the front box. It is connected with: Smart Junction Box (T/Sig Sound Relay, Fuse:F10, ARISU-LT1, IPS3).

6. Anybody could help me? Or explain me that 80mA parasitic drain is something usual in modern car...

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Should not let it go a week without starting and allowing to charge or put a charger on it. 80ma is in the normal range.

·
Registered
13,011 Posts
80mA is a little high. I generally see 20~30mA but I think the Hyundai book figure for acceptable parasitic drain is 50mA, so your not much over the book figure.

When measuring the current drain did you pull the yellow fuse carrier on the dashboard fusebox to see if that made a difference.
Does the car have any aftermarket accessories fitted? Aftermarket radio perhaps? Is there anything plugged into the OBD connector?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do you have a GPS alarm? they are battery killers. If you are able, disconnect a battery terminal and see if it self discharges over a few days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Ford Falcon that does exactly the same thing. It never misses a beat and the battery is fine, but if I leave it sit for two weeks it needs a recharge. The only thing pulling AMPS while it is idle is the factory security & a minuscule trickle is taken by the ECU.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Strange coincidence. Wife of a friend asked me this afternoon what was wrong with her car ( not s Hyundai, but could be relevant)

Her lights keep flashing.

It took me a while to make the connection to the flash coinciding with her sitting. Turns out she had the key fob in her pocket and sitting pressed the button constantly. Could this be applicable to your problem?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You say 2013, is that the original battery? If it is, it would be approaching the end of it's useful life, if not there already. My 2012 battery made almost 7 years before deciding to retire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Definitely would get the battery condition checked. It sounds like it isn't holding a charge. If you have a decent automatic charger like CTEK, charge it up fully and then check the voltage every few hours after disconnecting the charger. Ideally disconnected from the car so there is no load. If the voltage drops rapidly then the battery needs replacing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts