Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

The battery on my 2011 Sonata finally died on me and I'm looking for a maintenance free (sealed/AGM) type battery to replace the OEM. I am planning on purchasing the battery at Advance Auto Parts, but the only one they recommend is not a sealed type. I've looked on the site and I've seen people used the optima red, but I can't seem to find the correct model for the Autocraft AGM one. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
It appears that Advanced Auto only carries a battery called AutoCraft and I have never heard of that brand, must be a store brand. I am not a Costco member but I have read several reviews that their Kirkland branded battery is highly rated. Other good options are the DieHard Gold, Interstate and even the WallyWorld EverStart Maxx.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Auto Craft is the Advance Store brand. Main reason to consider it is cost. IIRC Advance has a coupon out now for 25 or 50 bucks off any purchase of 100 or more (google it---not posting links here)

Kirkland is great if you got a CostCo membership. Also the Optimas and Interstates are really good ideas for replacement.

I have had the worst luck with Walmart EverStart batteries. They tend to crap out after 2-3 years, right when the warranty is over. Also cheap but they start to add up over time.

Myself I am still on my OEM but this will be the last winter for it. Next year I plan to go with an Optima if I can. Otherwise, Interstate or AutoCraft.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I have the Autocraft AGM from autozzone in my car now for the past 2 weeks.. then just received a sponsorship for an Odyssey.. Now I have to sell the Autocraft AGM. payed 174.. what should I sell it for ?
Whatever you can get someone local to buy it for. Shipping will kill you.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went ahead and just grabbed the autocraft gold from advance since I had a 40 dollars off so I saved a lot and ended up paying around 66 instead of 106 not including taxes

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Group size 24FH :) Hyundai has there own spec, its similar in size to a few other group sized batteries. go to the auto store, yank the correct group size, and match it up to other group sizes. as long as it meets the CCA rating, your fine.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I got the autocraft Gold for my 2011 LTD and it is working just fine...I wasn't lucky enough to have a coupon so I paid $107 taxes included.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts