Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently went on a trip that took us beyond it's 30 EV mile range for the first time. I kept an eye on the battery level gauge to see how it behaves when it switches to hybrid mode after the battery is depleted (It was seamless btw).

One thing I noticed was the discrepancy between the battery level gauge and the EV range. When the switch to hybrid mode happened I had almost 25% charge left according to the guage but said 0 miles in the PHEV screen in the infotainment screen. Does this happen for others here?

My thoughts are it might take a few charge cycles for the gauge to "calibrate" to know when 0 EV miles is reached to align with the PHEV screen.

Or I need to contact the dealer to see if it's an issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That’s normal and not an error. The usable EV range of 31 miles is the battery capacity above that reserve level your seeing left even after the EV range hits zero. The reserve level is maintained so that normal Hybrid mode functionality can continue.

So you will see your EV range down to Zero while the battery level is NOT down to Zero. The battery level should never hit Zero actually.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. I figured they would just have the gauge go down to zero and the buffer just be behind the scenes. So having that battery gauge makes it kind of useless for judging range.

I'll just use the PHEV screen from now on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There’s a digital battery level guage you can turn on in your main drivers cluster. You have to mess with the menu button on steering wheel and then use the arrows to get to it.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV Phantom Black Pearl
647 Posts
Generally my '0 miles' is 14-15%. If I stomp it, I can get it lower than that where I'm using additional EV support in Hybrid mode.
You get used to it, I normally have the split-screen on with the EV widget open on the screen, and Nav on the main part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts