Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought a 2023 Santa Fe Limited 2 1/2 months ago and i like it very much. The only thing that i don't like is when I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting for my wife with the engine off and set to Accessory listening to the radio all of a sudden, a warning pops up saying to operate the radio after starting the engine. I don't want to start the engine but now I'm worried that the battery is going to go dead. In my old Nissan Altima i could have the radio on for hours with no problem. Is this a problem with Hyundai or is something wrong with my car?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
It's a PIA. What I do is cycle the ignition(button) off then back on and wait for the next notification.
I've even got to the point of shutting off the interior lights a they stay on for a period of time after the
igniton is recycled.

·
Registered
2014 SFS 2.4l
470 Posts
It's not a Hyundai thing; my 2020 Tacoma does the same thing. It's merely a warning and there's a 15 or so minute timeout where lights, radio and anything else that's on will turn off automatically. Even if you ran your light for the 15 mins, as long as your battery is healthy you won't discharge it completely. It's annoying; just ignore.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This Hyundai is the first vehicle I have ever seen this message on for just sitting in a lot with the radio on; maybe I had an overhead LED on one time. However, it would take a long time to drain the battery with just a radio on, even if the LED overhead is on. Just some overzealous warnings....same as the stupid caution screen every time the vehicle is started; at least it automatically goes away after a few seconds.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's an escalating war between liability shy car makers and careless, clueless drivers.
Can't blame the liability shy car makers in this day-and-age when there are more low-life lawyers than grains of sand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts