Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Sonata SE. I drove 40 miles this morning then parked my car.10 minutes later I put it in the garage and when I turned It off I got this warning.I have 7000 miles on my car and had never received his warning before.I do not have a smart key.What does this warning mean and why did it happn?Thank you

·
Registered
2019 Sonata Sport 2.4L GDI
140 Posts
It means you had your accessories running such as radio, fan, or headlamps while the engine was turned off. Doing this can contribute to the discharging of your battery. Your key was most likely turned to the on position. It is best to have the engine running or just turn it off.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have a 2019 Sonata SE. I drove 40 miles this morning then parked my car.10 minutes later I put it in the garage and when I turned It off I got this warning.
As said, normal warning when running accessories while engine off but key to ACC position.

Were you running the radio during the 10 minutes before garaging it?

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
443 Posts
I have a 2019 Sonata SE. I drove 40 miles this morning then parked my car.10 minutes later I put it in the garage and when I turned It off I got this warning.I have 7000 miles on my car and had never received his warning before.I do not have a smart key.What does this warning mean and why did it happn?Thank you
I get it all the time. It is just the ECM Nanny telling you that if you listen to your radio for a week or so without the alternator charging, your battery might run down. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
To be fair, this is a good warning to have for most people since the factory battery is an AGM type and they do not do well if you drain them to flat dead or almost flat dead.
Your average car owner wouldn't even begin to know the difference between an AGM and a lead acid battery.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My mom saw it a few weeks ago too. And she doesn’t listen to the radio in accessory. May throw the NOCO charger on it for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
443 Posts
If the lockdown is causing the car to sit a lot then the battery may be discharging enough that the warning comes up.
True, the ECM, radio/clock, and a few items may have a small parasitic draw as the car sits. Best to charge either with charger or a short drive now & then.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yes, since covid and getting 3 weeks to the gallon I've attached battery maintainer to all vehicles. A plug in for the Sonata and a solar for the other vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts