Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having an random issue with my car starting. It will attempt to crank but won’t start after the third attempt I get a battery discharge warning at which time the car won’t even attempt to crank. If I wait about 15 minutes it will start like nothing wrong.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
First thing is to test the battery. A simple test is turn on the headlights then try to crank the engine. If they dim or go out it's most likely the battery. If that's the case get the battery and charging system tested.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,350 Posts
A simple test is turn on the headlights then try to crank the engine. If they dim or go out it's most likely the battery.
Just a wee FYI : the headlamp circuit on Hyundai cars is automatically switched off during crank to prevent them from drawing power away from the starting circuit. The headlamps dimming or going out tells you absolutely nothing about the battery's state of charge.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m having an random issue with my car starting. It will attempt to crank but won’t start after the third attempt I get a battery discharge warning at which time the car won’t even attempt to crank. If I wait about 15 minutes it will start like nothing wrong.
Just Buy a new battery my friend don't make it difficulte.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its definitely a battery problem. Our cars are notorious for that, I would upgrade to a better battery as factory battery is just as expensive. I haven't had problems since I got a stinger batter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts