Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I had a sensor error which caused my battery to drain.
The computer thinks my door is unlocked when it is locked, leaving the door open image on the dashboard. This caused my battery to drain totally. Anyone know what the damage would be for a new battery and fixing the door sensor ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Why not try recharging the battery? Many parts houses will do this free. A new one is going to be $110-$125 with core return.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
3yr old Hyundai battery is typically done/borderline..

What they sell 124 battery up in Canada for ?

Door sensor ? Need to be a lot more precise as to "door sensor"..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I assume your referring to the black switch in the body panel.
Moisture, ice build up or a stuck latch switch can keep it from closing
manually try to push the suspected switch see if the issue goes away.
I had ice build up in my Honda causing the same thing
when the weather went above freezing it went away.
ripped cover was replaced has not happened in 2 years.

·
Registered
162 Posts
3yr old Hyundai battery is typically done/borderline..

What they sell 124 battery up in Canada for ?

Door sensor ? Need to be a lot more precise as to "door sensor"..
Yeah mine died at around 30 months. Kind of lame but otherwise no problems with the car. But my dodge ram battery was still working at 8 years when i replaced it as a precaution.

·
Registered
564 Posts
My dealer informed me a couple of weeks ago that the battery in my 2011 GLS tested low (51,000 miles on the car.) They offered to install a new one for $189. They do not use Hyundai batteries, they install some other aftermarket brand with a 3yr warranty. I declined.

I plan to go to Advance Auto and have them install one. When they are having one of their 15% off sales you can get a 124R from them for under $100.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My dealer informed me a couple of weeks ago that the battery in my 2011 GLS tested low (51,000 miles on the car.) They offered to install a new one for $189. They do not use Hyundai batteries, they install some other aftermarket brand with a 3yr warranty. I declined.

I plan to go to Advance Auto and have them install one. When they are having one of their 15% off sales you can get a 124R from them for under $100.
Good move, i was gonna say you can probably get 2 for that price.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
3,650 Posts

$189? President's Day special? ;)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Dealerships are so crooked. Mine went out and I had it replaced under the 80/20 prorated Hyundai warranty. Little did I know that I the customer was paying the 80%. It came out to $140 after the 20% off. I didn't find out till I went to pay and the new battery was already installed in my car. I could have got one at the local parts house for ~$100. :angry:

The little bimbo twit behind the counter was trying to determine if I was supposed to pay for labor on this warranty claim. Labor? on a battery install? unreal.

Fu*k you sterling mccall *shoots up middle finger*

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think mine ended up costing about $100 at the dealer after they paid their part. Why not include the battery in the bumper to bumper? Last time I checked the battery was somewhere between the bumpers! I was going to just go to autozone and get one myself but my wife was already at the dealer to confirm it was the battery and it was just easier to go ahead and let them do it. But aftermarket is probably a better battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts