Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 xg350, I am trying to remove the bank 1 sensor 1 o2 sensor and there is no easy way to do it. I have all the tools to do it, the problem is NO LEVERAGE! So frustrating, anyone have any tips or hints on making this a little easier.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
there is a special 'box' type socket for doing this job which is very useful when you have a sensor that is difficult to get at, you should be able to buy one at you local tool supplies

BTW welcome to the forums :00000732:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2 different styles of o2 sockets. I have tried both. The one I have for o2 sensors with heat shields seats on the sensor, there is just no room to get anything in there for leverage to break it loose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it fixed. I broke down and took to a friend and had him help me. All good so far. Now my problem is acceleration. I can barely take a hill anymore. Any help on this problem.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
If you just replaced one O2 sensor, and now acceleration is down, then chances are you need to replace all the O2 sensors. O2 sensors over time wear out and produce funny readings. When they all wear evenly, they still work ok. But when one goes bad, you have no idea what you're doing to the readings balance once you introduce a fresh, strong sensor to the mix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts