Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Kona Limited last April and have 1300 miles on it. Today was the first time I had the sunroof open and was on parkway going about 60 mph and when exiting and braking to slow down the car vibrated badly and even the radio was sort of pulsing and vibration as it was connected to Apple Play

Has anyone experienced this? Never happened before.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought my Kona Limited last April and have 1300 miles on it. Today was the first time I had the sunroof open and was on parkway going about 60 mph and when exiting and braking to slow down the car vibrated badly and even the radio was sort of pulsing and vibration as it was connected to Apple Play

Has anyone experienced this? Never happened before.
My bet would be you’re experiencing “buffeting” from the wind acting on the sunroof.. different speed, angle, etc ... will cause some buffeting depending on conditions..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Most likely or you may have hit the rumble strips on the side of the road possibly? On thing, make sure you always have the shade cover full open with the sunroof opened for starters.

Other than this, I not sure why you would experience such a vibration, unless the exit surface was in bad shape from trucks slowing down on it. Sometimes heavy trucks under hard braking produce short duration bumps in tarmac. Especially when the surface is hot and more pliable. You might have hit some of these when braking and it caused the vibration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts