Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel door no longer opens. No sound at all. The trunk doesn't open with the switch either. Trunk light works, and the remote and release on the lid open the trunk just fine. Is this a bad switch assembly, or should I look elsewhere? 2012

·
Registered
142 Posts
My fuel door no longer opens. No sound at all. The trunk doesn't open with the switch either. Trunk light works, and the remote and release on the lid open the trunk just fine. Is this a bad switch assembly, or should I look elsewhere? 2012
Don't have schematic for '12 but here's '11 and '13

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Fuse first always. Not just a glance either. Check both sides with a test light and make sure there’s no corrosion. Switch with another same color fuse just to be sure .
Then go to the connectors. Are they fully connected, not corroded.
Next switch . Jump power over on the wires and see if it pops or test with another generic switch .
Car wires almost NEVER fail along the run . It’s always an end terminals or connector, or Switch .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks. Doesn't seem likely that it's the switch assembly but maybe a connector.
Should have read your comment more carefully. If the remote works then connectors and switch should be checked. I would start with the fuel door switch since it is powered directly from the fuse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the input. I'm not sure how long the trunk switch hasn't been functioning. I'm not the original owner and I never use that switch for opening the trunk. So, I don't know if the two functions failed together or the trunk failed a long time ago. When the fuel door failed my first thought was to pop the trunk button and use the manual release. That's when I realized that switch didn't work either. I'll pull out the meter this weekend and check both switches and continuity from switch to the fuel door.

Mobax, the schematics were a huge help. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts