Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about bad luck. Had my Limited for almost a month 440 miles on it. I was stopped in traffic on expressway. Lady behind me wanted a up close view of my rear end and hit me. Hit me to the sum of 11,200.00. Dam insurance company wouldn't total it out. Only good thing is due to the body style change there are no recondition or used parts avaaible, so they have to use new part's. shouldn't have gotten out of bed.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (sweetpea @ Dec 1 2010, 09:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376056
Talk about bad luck. Had my Limited for almost a month 440 miles on it. I was stopped in traffic on expressway. Lady behind me wanted a up close view of my rear end and hit me. Hit me to the sum of 11,200.00. Dam insurance company wouldn't total it out. Only good thing is due to the body style change there are no recondition or used parts avaaible, so they have to use new part's. shouldn't have gotten out of bed.
Youch! Sorry for your luck on that one.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad luck.
We can all sympathize.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. But remember, Someday you won't get out of bed.... be glad that everyone os O.K. Good luck with the repair!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
QUOTE (sweetpea @ Dec 1 2010, 08:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376056

sorry to hear that...but, that is how I ended up with my sonata. I got blasted in the arse....I was the 3rd vehicle in line...dodge ram 1 ton did the ramming...hit a chevy 4x4 crew cab who then hit my odyssey....totalled it...buckled the rear end of van...I hit a blazer, but he took off. nowadays...i always watching the idiots behind me (been hit three times in the rear over the last 2 years).

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
QUOTE (fear24 @ Dec 1 2010, 12:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376128
sorry to hear that...but, that is how I ended up with my sonata. I got blasted in the arse....I was the 3rd vehicle in line...dodge ram 1 ton did the ramming...hit a chevy 4x4 crew cab who then hit my odyssey....totalled it...buckled the rear end of van...I hit a blazer, but he took off. nowadays...i always watching the idiots behind me (been hit three times in the rear over the last 2 years).
now that is bad luck... jeeeesh

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
this little stretch of US 50 (about 2 miles) has so much traffic on it in the mornings and everyone is in a hurry and none of them believe in letting one merge into traffic...or getting in the proper lane before the exit is there, which causes huge back-ups. all it takes is one person to wait until the last second, change lanes (no signal of course) and everyone behind is slamming on brakes. they have gone so far as to post signs that state "travel safe zone, fines doubled"

its a common occurence 2-3 times a week for accidents. winters are always fun on this stretch as well!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry to hear about the misfortune. Maybe the bodyshop will order an SE bumper for you and let you put dual exhaust on while they're at it? :thumbsup:

A few years back I bought a Chevy Tahoe - less than 24 hours after rolling off the lot a deer came down a hill and wiped out the passenger side of the truck, so I feel you pain on losing time in the new car.

·
1,914 Posts
wow, that's horrible. Do you have pics? I'm suprised they chose to fix it. A lot of the time insurance companies will total cars if they are hit in the quarter really hard, atleast that's what I've seen at work.

I hope you are feeling ok and everything gets taken care of.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ouch.. very sorry to hear. Glad no injuries though!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. I ended up with my Sonata after getting my 4 month old Mazda3 totaled by a kid running a stop sign. It sure wasn't fun dealing with the insurance company. Good Luck with everything. Hope to see the before and after pictures. You should ask about diminished value claim since your vehicles value isn't going to be the same as a non-accident vehicle.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Dam I feel your pain. I hope everything works out. Who is doing the body repair? I would recommend your send it to a Hyundai dealer and either let their body shop repair it or let them sublet it out. This way if ever a problem arises down the road from the body repair they can't blame anyone else. And certan insurance companies offer a lifetime guarantee on the body repair. I look forward to seeing the after pictures.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oh! ho..... sorry to hear that. Hope your car comes back like new. I get very annoyed when someone is tailgating me (had three minor incidents on my older cars before).

As for totaling the car, unless the repair cost is within ~$1000 0f the car's estimated value, the insurance companies usually don't do it. One of my colleague's civic was in a hail damage and the insurance company did not total the car since they wanted to save $800 (i think it was Geico).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (11sonatase @ Dec 2 2010, 06:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376499
As for totaling the car, unless the repair cost is within ~$1000 0f the car's estimated value, the insurance companies usually don't do it.
In NY they generally write up to 70% damage before they total it. Sometimes 75 - 80% on a brand new car, depending on the residual salvage value.

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Dec 2 2010, 06:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376502
In NY they generally write up to 70% damage before they total it. Sometimes 75 - 80% on a brand new car, depending on the residual salvage value.

True. Each state has varying rules. +1

@CCltd: Is that your car? It looks like the one used in Crash Test by IIHS.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts