Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still in South Africa with a Hyundai H1/ Starex 2.4 Petrol 9 seater. Been to Hyundai nationally and said that 400km per tank is normal! well why do you list it as using 10.2 litres per 100km's. Thus it translates that a 75 litre tank should travel about 735.29km's
What does the FORUM think of a global fuel economy test? and we can show them the real life figures?
Im tired of wrongly published info about fuel economy on the H1 Petrol 2.4 cvvt 9 seater bus.
What are u guys out there's figures? Lets put it in L/100km's or KM / Litre. Please state so when you do reply.
Thank guys

Old Rooies in South Africa

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
City driving mostly. Did this weekend a longhaul to johannesburg on the highway 120km/h all the way , got 6.8 km/litre there and back . +- 600kilos i did. u own one?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
No I don't own one. We don't have those over here in crazyland.

So how many miles does it have? Did you buy it used or new?

If it's used then there's a lot of things which can impact MPG, so I'd start with the simple stuff:

Air filter
Spark Plug
Fuel filter
Timing belt adjustment
Tire pressure
Motor oil

If it's new, then I probably let 10K go by at least before I try to judge MPG.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a demonstration model. december 2009 . it had 16000km on the clock.
now it has 23000km on the clock.
The service intervals is at 15000kms. it had the 15000 done , i checked that.
it has a 5year/150000km warranty
and 3 years 60000km maintenance plan.

Thats it

What more can i say

1 Posts
getz & i 20 true fuel economy

having done 30,000 kms in my 2009 Hyundai getz 1.6 petrol sx manual the true fuel economy was 30 mpg / 9lts per 100 kms , at 130 - 140 kms/hr - [ northern territory speed limit ] , with best figures of 40 mpg / 7lts per 100 kms , at 100 - 110 kms/hr - [ queensland speed limit ] . . . . true fuel economy with my new 2013 Hyundai I 20 1.4 petrol manual is 40 mpg / 7lts per 100 kms at 130 - 140 kms/hr - [ northern territory speed limit ] , with best figures of 50 mpg / 5.3lts per 100 kms at 100 - 110 kms/hr - [ queensland speed limit ] , im sure fuel economy will improve on the I 20 as the motor frees up with use as the getz motor did with its fuel economy improving as the kms clocked up .

·
Registered
103 Posts
With different reviews over here in Australia, There was NoWay I would buy a Petrol, I-Max. So I bought a 2013 Diesel Auto Hyundai I-Max in March. The best I have got is 7.75 lt per 100km ( Freeway). But I average 9. ltr per 100km which is mixed Freeway / City.
Where you say you were doing 120km/h and got 6.8lt per 100km, I find a bit hard to believe as it would have been Gulping the Petrol. If Hyundai say 10.2lt per 100km, and you seem to say you get worse, then how on earth did you get a lot better, doing the speed you were? When vehicle manufacturers do their tests, They drive Extra Conservative. I don't Flog my Imax but I don't drive like a little old lady either. For starters, If it was a Demo, you don't know how they drove it. So take the Fuse out of the ECU ( computer) and leave for a couple hours, then put back in. Then it will learn the way you Normally Drive, As all cars that have a ECU, learn the drivers characteristics /Driving habits, normally within the 1st couple thousand Km's. So this May help you.
I think by memory, when mine had about 9000km on it, I done 906km & used 72 ltrs.
Good Luck Rooies.
cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just did the best run since buying new. 7.8 litres / 100. Mostly open road driving. Still had about 7 litres left which could have taken me over 900km. I achieved 844.8km and topped the tank with 66.71l of diesel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Rooies, I have a 2010 Imax H1 2.4 petrol, we drive it carefully & annoyingly average 17-18 L/100klm around town. It will get 10 L/100 klm on a country run - but that's not much good when 95% of our driving is in the city! I agree with you they should be more realistic with there figures! I would have paid a bit extra for a diesel if I had known my 2.4 was going to be this thirsty! All the best - maybe there is a computer chip that will improve it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts