Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Recently had a bad experience with plugs in a 2006 Sonata 3.3 V6 lambda engine. Random misfire codes. MIL light up, after plug change.
I would never ever use Bosch again and have since heard of similar problems from technicians.

BOSCH catalog PB41 states that FR7DPX are suitable.
Only use NGK IFR5G11.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ive always hadgood experinces with bosch plugs in other cars (never bought them for the Sonata though), but I just put in some E3 plugs in my 3.3 Sonata bout a month ago. Their nice looking plugs, kinda pricey. I hope their performance is a lil higher since the price is ;)

I see your frm Perth. You guys got a nice NBL team. But I cheer on the Tigers :D, sucks you beat us twice in a row :(

But good luck with your Sonata. I hope the new NGKs are working fine for you. As I know it sucks to have to replace the rear plugs on this V6. Since you have to take off the intake plenum.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
FR7DPX are a step colder, so they would probably misfire. You want a "hot" spark plug. The NGK 5s are 1 step hotter than the FR7DPX, not to mention the NGKs are OEM spec. Also gap your plugs!

Cross Ref

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i have some ngk iridiums 1 step colder (when i had the nitrous kit i never had the BALL$ to install) and i havent had any missfires with the exception of a few times when running the NSPP and a bad tune on the FC with 87 octane.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts