Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day when I went to work (5 am)I parked my Tucson (90 degree parking) I seen a Ford Bronco and said to myself I'll park next to it. I pulled up and started to back in when I felt a bump. I stopped and looking at the the back up camera and realized that there was a black Accord parked next to the Bronco. I never saw it from looking out the rear view mirror. If I was using the backup camera I would have noticed it. So this got me thinking. Maybe I'll install audio backup sensors. They would beep while in reverse and the tones would get faster the closer you get to the object behind you. I am assuming that's why Hyundai added the backup camera, because the view is limited from the rear view mirror.

So what do you guys think? I was thinking of installing them into the lower part of the rear bumper (black plastic not painted).

btw, There is no damage to my Tucson only a very light scuff on the lower black plastic of the bumper. If no one told you, you could not tell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is good deal to upgrade your sonata or any car.
I always bump my car to other's when park. because of trying to park close...kkkkk so decided to install rear parking sensor.

I bought parking sensor from ebay ($20). It comes with 4 sensors matching your car color, main module, display bar, drill bit.

It's very easy to install it. Just one thing make sure you make hole at right postion on the bumper otherwise it will look terrible.

It tooks Two hours but now i can install within 30 Mins. kkkk fairly easy...

If anyone needs help, email me...

·
Registered
590 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ May 18 2010, 02:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324062
The other day when I went to work (5 am)I parked my Tucson (90 degree parking) I seen a Ford Bronco and said to myself I'll park next to it. I pulled up and started to back in when I felt a bump. I stopped and looking at the the back up camera and realized that there was a black Accord parked next to the Bronco. I never saw it from looking out the rear view mirror. If I was using the backup camera I would have noticed it. So this got me thinking. Maybe I'll install audio backup sensors. They would beep while in reverse and the tones would get faster the closer you get to the object behind you. I am assuming that's why Hyundai added the backup camera, because the view is limited from the rear view mirror.

So what do you guys think? I was thinking of installing them into the lower part of the rear bumper (black plastic not painted).

btw, There is no damage to my Tucson only a very light scuff on the lower black plastic of the bumper. If no one told you, you could not tell.

I see no need for backup sensors..............even you said if you were looking at the backup camera this wouldn't of happened.
Using a backup camera takes some getting used to, especially when you've never had one before, like me. But once you do it's an invaluable feature.

This is the main reason I spent the extra $$ on the navi option was mainly for the backup camera.............awesome feature.
Especially with the distance bars.............you can tell just how close you actually are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (Buerkletucson @ May 13 2011, 03:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=445074
I see no need for backup sensors..............even you said if you were looking at the backup camera this wouldn't of happened.
Using a backup camera takes some getting used to, especially when you've never had one before, like me. But once you do it's an invaluable feature.

This is the main reason I spent the extra $$ on the navi option was mainly for the backup camera.............awesome feature.
Especially with the distance bars.............you can tell just how close you actually are.
Facoty Navi systome is good of course....but my sensor is only $20 with lots convieniences...

·
Registered
1 Posts

Did you ever install backup sensors? I keep looking on the internet for pictures of the backup sensors already installed on 2011 tucson to I know where to place aftermarket ones (in the black portion or in the colored portion) of the bumpers but no luck - also trying to figure out if it is all 4 on rear or 2 on rear and 2 at corners facing angled out...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts