Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to source a OEM camera and LCD/Radio from a 2017- 2018.... And just plug it into the excistig wiring harness

Does the wiring harness in the vehicle come with the connection to just install the cam and LCD from a 2017-2018 Elantra?

I have a 2018 Elantra SE

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Can tell you where to look, on mine the camera is part of the trunk release assembly in the trunk lid right above the license plate, have to remove that padding and look. Will also need a display, see Crutchfield does have some radios with a backup camera. Some include the mounting instructions and accessories, some don't.

Other little problem, does your gearshift lever had a switch to turn it on when in reverse. Ha, getting old and lazy, cheaper to get this stuff when purchasing the vehicle and with a five year warranty.

Ha, been doing add on's for a long time, use to have screws, now all snap together plastic that you hope doesn't break when you unsnap it. And you already paid for all that stuff you have to remove.

Still turn my head and look when backing up, but is something extra to look at, vision is kind of narrow. One of my daughters was backing up in a high school parking lot when another kid was flying, who was at fault? Decided each was responsible for their own damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts