Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title, my backup camera on the limited sometimes doesn't work. Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening? This started happening few days ago.... If it helps, I installed HID about three~four months ago and I just installed my led tail lights...any help would be appreciated. And also, does anybody else has this problem? thanks.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Can you be a little more specific? What does the Screen show when your in reverse? Does the screen change at all when you switch into reverse? This will narrow it down from being a radio issue or a camera issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I expirenced this during my test drive and the dealer informed that theres a delay before it loads sometimes you just have to wait for it. If you do back into park or drive and then try reverse again it just resets the delay so it takes longer to display the cam.

If you issue is more involved then what i said you need to have it serviced as thats not normal.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Dec 10 2010, 06:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378470
Can you be a little more specific? What does the Screen show when your in reverse? Does the screen change at all when you switch into reverse? This will narrow it down from being a radio issue or a camera issue.
To be more specific, maybe 1 ot of10 times, when i put the gear in reverse, the backup camera would not even come on at all. But most of the time, it works like it should. this started happening after I installed the led tail light I think....So I'm going to recheck the connection to make sure I didn't make the connection loose while I was installing the lights.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (JDubya @ Dec 10 2010, 08:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378477
I expirenced this during my test drive and the dealer informed that theres a delay before it loads sometimes you just have to wait for it. If you do back into park or drive and then try reverse again it just resets the delay so it takes longer to display the cam.

If you issue is more involved then what i said you need to have it serviced as thats not normal.
I think it is not a delay problem as the camera never loads up on the screen. I'm going to recheck the connection because I think this started happening after my led tail light install. I will let you guys know. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had the same issue on my 2012 and I have made no modifications to the vehicle. 1 out of 10 is probably accurate that the screen doesn't even change...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've also encountered this on my '12. like everyone else though, it happens very rarely. No mods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:confused: I have a Tuscon 2011. Sometimes my camera works with no problem. Sometimes it works and 15 minutes later backing up somewhere it will not. Sometimes camera loks like someone is shaking the eye back and forth real fast. Then next time it works just fine. Sometimes it just will not come on at all, then start working when I am parking. So 1/2 of the time no problem and 1/2 the time with issues. Any suggestions? By the way this did start after we had a hail storm a couple weeks ago. But not sure if that is the cause and if so what do I do?

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
This problem seemed to be fairly common a while ago.

I seem to recall the fix was a new Nav unit. Of course that all depends on if you are still within the audio system warranty (3yrs/36K).

The connections (on the Sonata) are up in the trunk and the liner is pretty easy to get off. Possibly disconnecting the plug, hitting it with contact cleaner, adding dielectric grease and reassembling could solve the problem. Also, try pulling your center console top up and cleaning around the shifter---perhaps dirt/crud is down in there and not letting a switch/sensor engage??

I have neither nav nor backup camera so these are just suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. I will try that soon as I can. Just had eye surgery today.
Do you know Chilton makes books for this car yet or at all? I have always bought one for each car i have owned. Boy do they come in handy. :)

·
Registered
699 Posts
My suggestion is to check the tail light connections on the new LED units. The backup camera gets its power to operate from the backup circuit and this may be at the backup bulb area. If OK until you replaced the tail-lights I would start there. Not much sense checking all over the auto if you made mods and the problem started. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rear Camera 2013 Sonata SE

I just bought a sonata 2013 SE with After market Nav, and I play with harrness in trunk where it bends and camera goes on ? but now it does not work anymore. anybody know anything. thanks :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2013 sonata SE with after market Nav and after market back up camera.... I play with wires in trunk where it bends and camera goes on and off, but now its 2 days its off.

screen is black saying no signal.

help please, I would love to know the wire colors and help.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If you have aftermarket camera, and wiggling the wires in the trunk kills the camera, then you need to check the wiring for a short/break in the wires. It could be power to the camera, ground, or the signal wire that goes from the camera to the nav unit. Probably Red wired to reverse light, Black wired to ground and Yellow goes back to the nav unit in the dash or something like that. did you install the camera or have someone do it for you, or did it come with car?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do you keep a USB flash drive plugged in your car? I've noticed that if I have a larger capacity flash drive connected to USB, it will create a major delay in the backup camera engaging. When I first turn the car on, the USB drive will flash because the car is recognizing it, and that seems to tie up the nav unit. I'm not sure if you have a USB drive connected or not but if you do, it won't hurt to unplug it and see if it helps the issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts