Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I bought a 2016 Hyundai Elantra Base model a year a ago, the radio was base (none touch screen, Bluetooth, etc). I bought a factory radio from a 2014 Elantra which was a touch screen & has Bluetooth (obviously can't talk on the phone with it because there's no mic installed in the car), anyway it's a touch, color screen & can be used to project a backup camera. I want to know has anyone wired in a backup camera into their LCD screen? If so, how to do it, where do I splice wires or add RCA wires to the radio? What kit to buy? I know this can be done because cars come from the factory with the same screen that has a backup camera installed, I just don't have a wiring diagram of the radio to know where to plus wires, etc.

HELP!!!:grin2::crying2:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Depends on the radio itself...can you upload HD pictures of the back of the radio and the camera input so i can see where it goes...i have aftermarket camera($5 from ebay)...i can upload a link to what i have for a comparison....??

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on the radio itself...can you upload HD pictures of the back of the radio and the camera input so i can see where it goes...i have aftermarket camera($5 from ebay)...i can upload a link to what i have for a comparison....??
Here's what the back looks like, when I took out the previous radio, all of the connectors fit perfectly into this one. There's no extra ports to simply plug in a back up camera, so I'm wondering which wires do I have to tap into on the adapters to project the back up camera.

Here's the pic: 2014 2015 2016 Hyundai Elantra Radio Receiver Am FM w Info Screen LKQ | eBay

·
Registered
323 Posts
Is it a display that has the option of a back up camera?? You can select the back up camera function while in reverse?

From just looking at the back...of it there is 2 large connectors and 1 small...it should be one of the large connectors and depending on the year of the car...the color of the wire you should tap into....not sure...i would get an aftermarket harness and splice into that then connect that to the radio....less chance that you splice into the wrong wire and ruin the whole harness...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it a display that has the option of a back up camera?? You can select the back up camera function while in reverse?

From just looking at the back...of it there is 2 large connectors and 1 small...it should be one of the large connectors and depending on the year of the car...the color of the wire you should tap into....not sure...i would get an aftermarket harness and splice into that then connect that to the radio....less chance that you splice into the wrong wire and ruin the whole harness...

Well, here's the thing, the conversion was a simple plug & play.

I went from this radio: 2014 2015 Hyundai Elantra Radio CD Player 96170 3X156GU Tested Q41 003 | eBay

To this radio: 14 15 16 Hyundai Elantra MP3 CD Bluetooth XM Satellite Media Radio OEM LKQ

Looking closely at it now, if you look to the left bottom where the antenna goes on the 4.3" LCD touch screen, there's a place for something small to plug into, that's not on the original one with the analog screen. I'm thinking that might be the place for the camera projection to plug into?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well I agree..but it looks like it would only work with the 2014 OEM Back-Up Camera...because of the connector it uses

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all!

I bought a 2016 Hyundai Elantra Base model a year a ago, the radio was base (none touch screen, Bluetooth, etc). I bought a factory radio from a 2014 Elantra which was a touch screen & has Bluetooth (obviously can't talk on the phone with it because there's no mic installed in the car), anyway it's a touch, color screen & can be used to project a backup camera. I want to know has anyone wired in a backup camera into their LCD screen? If so, how to do it, where do I splice wires or add RCA wires to the radio? What kit to buy? I know this can be done because cars come from the factory with the same screen that has a backup camera installed, I just don't have a wiring diagram of the radio to know where to plus wires, etc.

HELP!!!:grin2::crying2:
Were you able to figure it out? I'm having the same issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts