Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I forgot a second part of the question, and that was if it would work with an aftermarket head unit...I was thinking of getting a Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS. It has a backup cam option, but likely has to be pioneer.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I installed a Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS DVD receiver in my car few months back and love it! Last month I installed a $15 back up camera from amazon and it's been great. Good reviews, great price, has grid/guide lines, I couldn't be happier.

And to answer your question, no it doesn't have to be a pioneer camera. My car is at the dealer. I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get it back tomorrow.

Heres a link to the camera.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081GZDQQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed a Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS DVD receiver in my car few months back and love it! Last month I installed a $15 back up camera from amazon and it's been great. Good reviews, great price, has grid/guide lines, I couldn't be happier.

And to answer your question, no it doesn't have to be a pioneer camera. My car is at the dealer. I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get it back tomorrow.

Heres a link to the camera.

Amazon.com: HDE E336 Waterproof Rear Vehicle Backup Camera With 170 degree Viewing Angle: Car Electronics
Thanks! Do you have the name of the backup camera you got?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Click the amazon link above. I believe its a HDE branded camera.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
No you do not have to replace the stock head unit.

You can go a few ways but I would do this if I were you...

Replace your stock rearview mirror with the Homelink/LCD screen from Gentex (google for model number, pricing is about 3-500)

Get the proper trim piece and camera for the trunk and install.

Connect the camera to the mirror (IIRC it is a simple RCA plug for the signal input to the mirror)

Looks way better than an aftermarket LCD screen on/in the dash and you keep the stock radio.

Or look at the other solutions from vendors here on the forums that replace the factory radio face.

·
Registered
89 Posts
No you do not have to replace the stock head unit.

You can go a few ways but I would do this if I were you...

Replace your stock rearview mirror with the Homelink/LCD screen from Gentex (google for model number, pricing is about 3-500)

Get the proper trim piece and camera for the trunk and install.

Connect the camera to the mirror (IIRC it is a simple RCA plug for the signal input to the mirror)

Looks way better than an aftermarket LCD screen on/in the dash and you keep the stock radio.

Or look at the other solutions from vendors here on the forums that replace the factory radio face.

For the cost, just replace the head unit. I just replaced mine with 7' Soundstream stereo with backup camera and steering wheel controls for $300. Done and done

·
Registered
65 Posts
For the cost, just replace the head unit. I just replaced mine with 7' Soundstream stereo with backup camera and steering wheel controls for $300. Done and done
Does this one work? I plan to replace the center control with this one and buy an after market camera

1 - 13 of 13 Posts