Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amongst the host of issues with my 2007 Entourage is the back-up sensor/alarm which doesn't work (again). Last time it went on the blink, I brought the car to the dealer only to be told that it does work (and when I picked up the car, it actually did). - Since then, it's on the blink again. Constant beeping as if something were behind the car. The beeps are the same whether or not anything is behind the car or not and/or how close. The car is now beyond the warranty, so how do you fix this yourself?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm not sure how you would fix it, but (and it might sound stupid) have you checked to make sure all sensors are clean? I would give each a good cleaning and then see if you still have the issue. It really sounds like it is "sensing" something which could be a dirty sensor, or something on your van that is sticking in the sensors range.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Hinge @ Jul 17 2010, 02:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342514
Amongst the host of issues with my 2007 Entourage is the back-up sensor/alarm which doesn't work (again). Last time it went on the blink, I brought the car to the dealer only to be told that it does work (and when I picked up the car, it actually did). - Since then, it's on the blink again. Constant beeping as if something were behind the car. The beeps are the same whether or not anything is behind the car or not and/or how close. The car is now beyond the warranty, so how do you fix this yourself?
Not much deal here, but a call to assist for the first I had... it had obvious bumper cover wrinkle, suspected sensor crunch until further notice... lady was waiting (family truckster), did not want to wait for diag on her dime..

Get the cover off, put it in reverse, and start unplugging each of the sensor,,, leave unplugged till the beep stop according to the fella on phone... if you get all of them un-plugged and it is still making noise, replace the module...

At that rate I could find something better to spend money on... no need to rely on some gizmo when you already have 2 eyes and god given sight, mirrors and windows..

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Jul 23 2010, 08:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344303
Not much deal here, but a call to assist for the first I had... it had obvious bumper cover wrinkle, suspected sensor crunch until further notice... lady was waiting (family truckster), did not want to wait for diag on her dime..

Get the cover off, put it in reverse, and start unplugging each of the sensor,,, leave unplugged till the beep stop according to the fella on phone... if you get all of them un-plugged and it is still making noise, replace the module...

At that rate I could find something better to spend money on... no need to rely on some gizmo when you already have 2 eyes and god given sight, mirrors and windows..

Thanks for the info

HID Kits

1 - 7 of 7 Posts