Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2004 tiburon 2.7L GT SE.. recently i had a vehicle inspection done via my platoon sergeant (im in the army) and informed me my back up lights were not working.. i know they couldnt have been out too long. i did have a remote start put in recently and the installer bypassed the clutch safety switch which i dont know why because it was the viper 5701 which is manual trans friendly, but not sure if that could of caused the problem.. ive pulled the bulbs and theyre both still good. i know there is a back up light switch but im not sure of the location?? and what fuse controls that switch? is it the same one that controls the back up lamps? the brake lights still work as well as turn signals and hazards. if anyone can help with advice i would greatly appreciate it.. and also in another note my air bag light has come on.. no wreck nothing.. i just recently hit 90k miles.. any advice on this??

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Switch simply spins into the top of the M/T case on the top center... see the 2 wire connector there by the slave cylinder ???

OOOP's, may have to remove the air box to see it, might be covered... Jump the 2 terminals together in the connector, and back-up/reverse lights (depending on how you was taught) on back should illuminate, provided key is on and circuit has source voltage and the bulbs indeed functional (no open circuit of filament). DVOM is your friend too.

SRS light -------> Need Hi-Scan or GDS to access the SRS codes, go see dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, i found the sensor.. sensor is bad.. trying to order but will be at least 2 weeks to get it.... ouch.. still need to take by dealer to get the srs code read.. so it cant be read via the OBD2? thats lame.. lol

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Andrew H @ Aug 13 2010, 10:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349115
so it cant be read via the OBD2? thats lame.. lol
OBD-II is for emission control,,, .gov mandated engine control had to follow same protocall for all makers... add on stuff is proprietay info (SRS, TPMS, ABS), so need correct software to access the module.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts