Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my lights dont turn on when i put my car in reverse and reverse camera doesnt turn on either. i am hoping its just a blown fuse for the reverse light. where is the fuse for the reverse lights. couldnt find it in the ownersmanual unless its called something else

·
Registered
330 Posts
B/UP LAMP fuse in engine compartment fuse box. 10 amps.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yeah, check the fuses but very odd if it’s blown cause what would have caused it. Next in line would be the reverse switch but either way, sounds like warranty work.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, check the fuses but very odd if it’s blown cause what would have caused it. Next in line would be the reverse switch but either way, sounds like warranty work.

Hey wheres this reverse switch located?

Yah its covered, just dont want them to have my car for X ammount of days just to tell me something else. Kinda wanna know whats the problem before I take it in.

·
Registered
936 Posts
On older vehicles the reverse switch is somewhere on the transmission, screwed into the case. Did the issue just all of a sudden happen?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really sure, been attempting to install my OEM backup camera to an aftermarket HeadUnit, to no avail. So i decided to put my factory headunit back in only to find out the backup camera doesnt work even on the OEM unit. Then checked to see if the backup lights are coming on when in reverse and they arent. So im hoping i messed up when attempting to hook up the back up camera and blew a fuse.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Isn't the B/UP fuse on the dash fusebox?

from what i found researching, that one is in the engine compartment box and looks like protects multiple parts:

PCM (G4NC) / TCM (G4FJ), Transaxle Range Switch, Audio, A/V & Navigation Head Unit, Electro Chromic Mirror, Rear Combination Lamp (IN) LH/RH

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
If it all worked before the head unit swap, I'd double check all the wiring behind the dash.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Did you put the 6v regulator on the camera before wiring it?? The factory camera is 6v, not 12v. Hope that didn't burn out the camera. But considering the reverse lights don't work either, it might be something else like the relay(if it has one) or fuse.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Put that stock unit back in there and take it back to the dealership and play stupid like you didn't touch a thing. Something you did screwed it up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TBH, I cant remember what Ive attempted. Its been a long trial and error, and long gaps in times between attempts of things ive done. As far as put the OEM back and taking it to a dealership. I dont have the stock speakers in there anymore and I have everything hooked up to AMP. So no sound will come out of the HU if they mess with that, then if they get behind the HU the jig is going to be up that I obviously put aftermarket equipment in. I ended up buying a Alpine camera and license plate holder for the camera. But thats all gonna be useless if its this reverse(b/Up) switch. which im having one **** of time finding any information on, of a fuse which seems to be some confusion on which exact fuse.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Use a test light or multimeter and check all fuses, you don't need to run the engine to put the car in reverse. I remember being able to do it with the engine off while checking out my LED reverse lights.

For the fuses that don't show 12v on both metal prongs, make note and turn the car off. Pull and check each one to see if any are blown. Should only take like 20 minutes tops.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,323 Posts
a fuse which seems to be some confusion on which exact fuse.
gggplaya has given you some great advice with regards to the fuse....just check them all.

But I apologize for the confusion over the fuse location. I suspect the original info passed on by @saamlee92 was correct. I saw ix35 in the forum title and assumed we were talking about the earlier model Tucson, not the 2016-. AFAIK, Hyundai no longer use the ix35 name for the later models. Anyway, I just realized my error..... :imsorry:

So check the label on the inside of the engine bay fusebox lid and find the B/UP Lamp fuse....or just check them all which is my preferred method, since it might not be the B/UP Lamp fuse that's blown. It might be a different fuse that's popped and you can't go wrong if you check them all.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries I appreciate all your guys help and insight. Just havent had the time lately to get to involved in the remedying this issue yet. Was taking all of the info i was getting to try and troubleshoot it before actually getting in there and checking the solutions given.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So got around to checking the fuses, and it was the B/U lamp fuse in the engine compartment was blown. So the reverse lights are working now. I hope thats solve the issue for the backup camera not working. When i get time im gonna put in the OEM headunit and hopefully the backup camera will work this time. Then ill attempt to install it to my aftermarket HU. Must have blew that fuse at somepoint in my attempts and it prevented any further success. Atleast thats what im hoping

1 - 17 of 17 Posts