Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DISCLAIMER: Senior Citizen...2020 SF Limited. Its been 3 weeks with my new SF. I have had a 2007SF, traded for a 2013SF and now this new one so I am familiar with Hyundai. 2 issues so far:
1. The rear seat squeaks like 2 surfaces rubbing together We have tried to isolate the squeak but so far...no success... Any suggestions?
2. The "ding" when I put in reverse I cannot find a place on the menu to eliminate that Any ideas?
Otherwise totally happy with the vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
DISCLAIMER: Senior Citizen...2020 SF Limited. Its been 3 weeks with my new SF. I have had a 2007SF, traded for a 2013SF and now this new one so I am familiar with Hyundai. 2 issues so far:
1. The rear seat squeaks like 2 surfaces rubbing together We have tried to isolate the squeak but so far...no success... Any suggestions?
2. The "ding" when I put in reverse I cannot find a place on the menu to eliminate that Any ideas?
Otherwise totally happy with the vehicle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello there, I also have a 2020 Santa Fe Limited and experienced the exact same squeaking noise, it was driving me crazy and I actually thought there was some loose trim piece in the back. I took it to the dealer last night and took a technician on a test drive so he could hear the noise, within five minutes he said it was the right rear passenger seat. To be more specific, the seat cushion and the back rest where rubbing together and making the noise. He had the valets put some leather softener (I do not know which brand) but on my 20 mile drive back home, not one squeak and all was well. If the noise comes back again I plan to put a small piece of cloth in between the two surfaces to stop any noises. Please let me know if this helped?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello there, I also have a 2020 Santa Fe Limited and experienced the exact same squeaking noise, it was driving me crazy and I actually thought there was some loose trim piece in the back. I took it to the dealer last night and took a technician on a test drive so he could hear the noise, within five minutes he said it was the right rear passenger seat. To be more specific, the seat cushion and the back rest where rubbing together and making the noise. He had the valets put some leather softener (I do not know which brand) but on my 20 mile drive back home, not one squeak and all was well. If the noise comes back again I plan to put a small piece of cloth in between the two surfaces to stop any noises. Please let me know if this helped?
Thanks I'll give it try and advise

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
510 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's the leatherette between the 2 sections of the rear seat. I don't hear it when my kids are back there. You may want to ask the dealer if they can install some felt in that seam under warranty.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
510 Posts
What's leather softener going to do? The sides of the seats are leatherette, not leather.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What's leather softener going to do? The sides of the seats are leatherette, not leather.
Whatever the dealer did seemed to work, I guess any type of lubrication that is safe for leather should be ok. Also, it is not the side of the seats, it is the base of the seat back and the seat that was causing the squeaking in my car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Try adjusting the seat back. I kept getting a squeak because it was moving when the vehicle hit little bumps or road joints. Found that adjusting it back (more slope) stopped it dead.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD 2.0
17 Posts
I followed your advice and I can finally drive with the radio off and not listen to that noise! Thanks for the tip!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts