Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- I hope someone here might be able to help. We bought a Kona EV three weeks ago,it's great-range is great, easy to drive,park etc except my back is crippled from it. This isn't just discomfort it's extream pain in my lower back. I travel eight hours round trip twice a month to see my elderly parents and drive 120km a day to work,in traffic I can be in the car over one and half hours to get to work. I don't know what to do,I'm in agony when I sit into the car. I have tried cushions,adjusted the seats every possible way, lumber support etc. I cry at the thought of driving it. Any advice would be welcome 馃槓

Registered
Tell us about you? Are you 5 foot tall or 6foot6?

5'11 here and I've had no problems even as a stocky guy.

Registered
Hi- I hope someone here might be able to help. We bought a Kona EV three weeks ago,it's great-range is great, easy to drive,park etc except my back is crippled from it. This isn't just discomfort it's extream pain in my lower back. I travel eight hours round trip twice a month to see my elderly parents and drive 120km a day to work,in traffic I can be in the car over one and half hours to get to work. I don't know what to do,I'm in agony when I sit into the car. I have tried cushions,adjusted the seats every possible way, lumber support etc. I cry at the thought of driving it. Any advice would be welcome 馃槓

Registered
Here's a link to an article about back support cushions for cars. Hopefully that will help, but t it may depend on what the exact issues and area where you are having pain.

Registered
Sorry to hear that. I鈥檓 6鈥0鈥 and I have a lousy back, but the Kona seats have been fine for me so far. I don鈥檛 know if all the trims have it, but the Ultimate has an adjustable lumbar support that鈥檚 pretty decent.

I will say that when I got a new Honda Odyssey back in 2013, it absolutely killed my back on long rides, and then after a few months, either the seat broke in or my back broke in, but it completely stopped hurting me. Hope you get lucky like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts