Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so.... Cruisin along. Sees civic. Gets up next to paco riding dirty. Downshifts fourth to third. All of a sudden *sputters and stalls*. Pulls over. And. Clutch completely gone. 32k miles and already an estimated 1700$ for new clutch from the stealership.

Takes an hour to push start back to the house. Friend pushing me home In neutral behind me.
Takes turn.Scraches my whole bumper.

Gets to house. Tow truck comes. Hits my rims with a big chain. Scratches my new black rims.

Such a good dayh

Via iPhone sorry if this fails

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
might as well find a performance clutch just measure the size since you burn thru a clutch already i am around the same mileage my clutch still stand good, you can also call the tow truck companies and tell them that their drivers damage ur rims get some cash back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. Im working on finding a performance clutch. No luck yet. But haven't searched hard.

And I told the tow co and they said it wasn't there fault

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (Jarret @ Jun 16 2010, 10:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333667
Yeah. Im working on finding a performance clutch. No luck yet. But haven't searched hard.

And I told the tow co and they said it wasn't there fault
I believe in another thread, it was determined that the performance clutches from the LC accents will fit ours more or less perfectly. Also, fight the towing company - it is their fault. A buddy of mine got money from a towing company when they towed his Smart Car and damaged his rims because the driver didn't know what the **** he was doing since he had never dealt with a Smart Car before. Drivers are supposed to know better.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I ordered the Spec stage 2, model number SY042. It says it's compatible to 06. Since I wanted the job to be done the same day and Spec recommends resurfacing the flywheel, I just bought a new flywheel. The good news is that it matches up with the flywheel perfectly, but I haven't gotten the chance to put it in the car.

I'm at 66k on the stock clutch even after boost, you guys must be beating the crap out of the car.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (dAMIAn78 @ Jun 17 2010, 09:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333727
I ordered the Spec stage 2, model number SY042. It says it's compatible to 06. Since I wanted the job to be done the same day and Spec recommends resurfacing the flywheel, I just bought a new flywheel. The good news is that it matches up with the flywheel perfectly, but I haven't gotten the chance to put it in the car.

I'm at 66k on the stock clutch even after boost, you guys must be beating the crap out of the car.
Yep I did a lot of research through HMA and various vendors. The only difference between ours and LC clutch is, IIRC, 1mm difference in diameter and a verly slight difference in thickness. None of which will make a difference in the transmission.

Are you lightening the new flywheel? How much does the stock one weighs?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Tenrilid @ Jun 17 2010, 12:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333796
ooooooo. Do you know if the flywheel for the LCs would fit in the MC as well? That would rock if it does.
I can't say for sure. The LC and MC pretty much have the same engine block/crankshaft and a very similar transmission (same bellhousing). They also use 6 bolts to bolt to the crankshaft. I don't know if they have the same amount of theeth for the starter.

Keep in mind only the 1.6l LC has a compatible clutch disc, the 1.5l LC have a much larger clutch disc thus different flywheel/pressure plate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well.
got the car back today.
the clutch wasnt my fault, the transmission dude told me it was a defected part, that was manufactured wrong.
the clutch wouldnt catch, and i got my old clutch and it had huge scratches in it from the clutch not working properly.
im talking to the hyundai representatives to try and get my money back since it was a defective clutch.
hopefully i can get some money back.. then hello headers and exhaust :))

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
So the throwout bearing crapped out? The fork? Did he give you the defective part? If not, you should get it as it will be hard to prove it was defective without it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts