Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 BA Accent sports. It has the instrument cluster that lights up blue when headlights turned on. The blue lighting flickers on/off at irregular intervals - it might work for hours one night and the next not at all, or swap between the two continuously.

It started doing this many years ago while still under warranty. It took many visits to the dealership for somebody to be able to figure out what the problem was and fix it. Apparently they had to drop the dash out in order to locate a faulty relay in the wiring that wasn't on the wiring diagram for the basic 2000 Accent.

I'm not particularly interested in paying them to spend a couple of days doing this all over again as I am well and truly out of warranty. Does anybody have some instructions/diagnosis I can give to the dealer when I drop it off so they can go straight to the fault rather than waste my money diagnosing for themselves?

Cheers.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
HEHEHEHEEE,,, I assume you have the white back ground instrument cluster that illuminates blue with lights on...

The part you need to replace is called "inverter"... it is a black module thing that installs inside the instrument cluster.. done a few of them over the years..

Kinda expensive part too.. You can pretty much do it yourself if you handy and carefull about what you are doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts