Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello People, My air bag light is on and the fault code is showing as B1334 FIS(Front Impact sensor)-Passenger communication error.

Firstly, where is this part located?
Secondly, Is this something you can fit,remove yourself due to it being part of the airbag system?

And is there anything I could do before messing around with it.

Mines 2006 Petrol 2ltr

Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,283 Posts
Firstly, where is this part located?
It'll be bolted to the chassis in the engine bay on the passenger side of the car. Airbag components generally have a yellow connector, so that should help you locate it. If you google the part I'm sure you'll find lots of pictures of the crash sensors too so you'll know what your looking for.

lucas1787 said:
Secondly, Is this something you can fit,remove yourself due to it being part of the airbag system?
I don't see why not, as long as you disconnect the battery before working with airbag system.

lucas1787 said:
And is there anything I could do before messing around with it.
What you might want to do is swap the driver's and passenger's sensors over to see if the trouble code moves to the driver's side. If it does you know the sensor is faulty. If the trouble code stays "active" on the passenger side after swapping the sensors you know it's more than likely the sensor wiring that's damaged somewhere.

Regards.
Scott.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts