Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few questions about the dealer accessory short throw shifter. On the website for 2010's it says it comes standard on the Se. When did that start, mine is a 2007 and I don't thinkit has it? Also if you install it can you still use the stock knob? What about the lockout ring for the reverse does the BM still have one? And anyone who has it installed did it make much difference, is it worth getting?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
QUOTE (JoeyBello @ Jun 5 2010, 02:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329894
I had a few questions about the dealer accessory short throw shifter. On the website for 2010's it says it comes standard on the Se. When did that start, mine is a 2007 and I don't thinkit has it? Also if you install it can you still use the stock knob? What about the lockout ring for the reverse does the BM still have one? And anyone who has it installed did it make much difference, is it worth getting?
Your 2007 does not have it. It still uses stock knob. Yes, it does include a new metal lockout ring for the reverse gear. It does make a difference. I love it.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
you dont have the complete set, until you change the cable bushings also. Difference...its doesnt feel its our shift anymore. Better remember how it feels now because you'll never feel it again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
One of the things that sold me on the SE was the combination of the B&M shifter and the driver armrest. Together, you only have to move your arm maybe a few inches forward and you have your shift. Really comes in handy during rev matching.

Other manufacturers, it's like what the heck were they thinking. I sat in an SX4 sport and you could tell that they really didn't do their homework. With the armrest down, you couldn't use the shifter. With the Armrest up, you basically had to go to the passenger rest if you didn't want your arm to hang. The shifter/armrest combo is one of the many things that Hyundai got down perfect in the SE.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (Shingo1-6 @ Jun 5 2010, 05:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330071
One of the things that sold me on the SE was the combination of the B&M shifter and the driver armrest. Together, you only have to move your arm maybe a few inches forward and you have your shift. Really comes in handy during rev matching.

Other manufacturers, it's like what the heck were they thinking. I sat in an SX4 sport and you could tell that they really didn't do their homework. With the armrest down, you couldn't use the shifter. With the Armrest up, you basically had to go to the passenger rest if you didn't want your arm to hang. The shifter/armrest combo is one of the many things that Hyundai got down perfect in the SE.
I have to disagree the if you are talkin about the fold down side arm rest.. its horrible..I cant even use it.. when I bought the car I didnt even notice it then I was like hmm why was it up.. I took it down and its way too narrow.. maybe if your a 120-160 and have really narrow shoulders but I am 250 and that thing is no good at all. Do they make one that goes over the center console? If so that would be better.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (JoeyBello @ Jun 6 2010, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330397
I have to disagree the if you are talkin about the fold down side arm rest.. its horrible..I cant even use it.. when I bought the car I didnt even notice it then I was like hmm why was it up.. I took it down and its way too narrow.. maybe if your a 120-160 and have really narrow shoulders but I am 250 and that thing is no good at all. Do they make one that goes over the center console? If so that would be better.
I'm 140 and it's perfect for me :grin: I don't use it often though, only on the highway when I won't be shifting gears for a while.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
QUOTE (JoeyBello @ Jun 6 2010, 04:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330396
So your saying you should get the BM kit plus the KJB Motorsports Delrin Shifter Bushings (the first item on that page?) how do u install those it looks like its under the hood?
Yes, those are the ones. They have instructions how to install them in there website. The big one is a PITA but well worth it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE (JoeyBello @ Jun 6 2010, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330397
That's because you don't have the shift kit. Well, I mean if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. But, for me when I put my arm down my hand is right on the shifter. I barely have to move my arm back to get it out of the way, then when I have to shift, it's right there. Works perfect for me anyway. Seriously if you want a ****y armrest, check out the sx4. Not only is it positioned wrong, it curves funny like it was invented by a cartoon artist.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
QUOTE (JoeyBello @ Jun 9 2010, 12:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331308
You should post pics and DIY because their instructions are for a v6 tiburon. I'm Sure the Accent's bushings are in different places?
Its on the same location. sorry i didnt took many pics to do a how to, but i did the same steps as they have on their how to. The picture you see in there in my car, which is the only picture i took.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ Jun 9 2010, 09:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331516
Its on the same location. sorry i didnt took many pics to do a how to, but i did the same steps as they have on their how to. The picture you see in there in my car, which is the only picture i took.

I just realized your car is a KIA at first I thought u had a 4dr Accent.. but basically the same thing.. because I noticed that website has no parts listed for the accent so then I realized it listed for the Kia Rio... is the setup for the 4dr and 2dr the same?

And this is off topic to the post but the 4dr and 2dr accent do they use the same fron bumper and nose? Because I have seen a front lip on ebay but it says 4dr.. doesn't say it can fit the 2dr but they look the same.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can someone tell me the labor on the install of the shifter like how long it takes or what the dealer charged?? I called 2 dealers none of them knew what it was... I am still waiting to hear back from one. 1) said 55-110$ should be around .5 to 1 hour. the 2nd dealer said around 250$$ and it would take about 2 hours... um what should it be??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts