Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen this addressed as of yet so I thought I would make a post.

Within the last few weeks (after my car going into the shop for light battery work) my transmission felt like it was shifting a little hard/abnormally sometimes. I pretty much put it off that they pulled the battery so it was relearning my driving patterns. Doesn't seem any worse and it still occurs sometimes but rarely and i have figured out how to drive so that it doesn't happen.

I was curious if anyone knows the measurements (resistance in ohms) the valve body solenoids should read including the VFS (variable force solenoid).

I found the wiring schematic of the plug for the valve body solenoids and tested mine. All were 4.1-4.3 except for the VFS which was 5.4. Based on GM valve bodies on saturns etc they should all be within 1 ohm of eachother but, pictures i've seen seem to show the VFS being larger than the others so i'm not completely convinced that its the problem. Testing the solenoids is easy and only requires the battery, battery tray, and air intake being removed by the way.

The picture attached is of the plug which is directly underneath battery tray. You test the pins of the transmission and with the pics numbers, here are the solenoids they correspond to:

1+8=2nd gear
9+8=Overdrive
2+8=Underdrive
10+7=LR (? Low range?)
12+7=DCC (D? Converter clutch?)
11+7=RED (Reverse engagement?)
5+6=VFS (Variable force solenoid)

Does anyone have any idea what the VFS should read? You can't get on hyundaitechinfo anymore without paying and even so i'm not sure it would say.

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have not seen this addressed as of yet so I thought I would make a post.

Within the last few weeks (after my car going into the shop for light battery work) my transmission felt like it was shifting a little hard/abnormally sometimes. I pretty much put it off that they pulled the battery so it was relearning my driving patterns. Doesn't seem any worse and it still occurs sometimes but rarely and i have figured out how to drive so that it doesn't happen.

I was curious if anyone knows the measurements (resistance in ohms) the valve body solenoids should read including the VFS (variable force solenoid).

I found the wiring schematic of the plug for the valve body solenoids and tested mine. All were 4.1-4.3 except for the VFS which was 5.4. Based on GM valve bodies on saturns etc they should all be within 1 ohm of eachother but, pictures i've seen seem to show the VFS being larger than the others so i'm not completely convinced that its the problem. Testing the solenoids is easy and only requires the battery, battery tray, and air intake being removed by the way.

The picture attached is of the plug which is directly underneath battery tray. You test the pins of the transmission and with the pics numbers, here are the solenoids they correspond to:

1+8=2nd gear
9+8=Overdrive
2+8=Underdrive
10+7=LR (? Low range?)
12+7=DCC (D? Converter clutch?)
11+7=RED (Reverse engagement?)
5+6=VFS (Variable force solenoid)

Does anyone have any idea what the VFS should read? You can't get on hyundaitechinfo anymore without paying and even so i'm not sure it would say.
Try this out
Text Font Web page Screenshot Line

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info!! Is there any way you can check the specs of the others for me? I did it when car was still hot so 5.4 isn't really out if 4.35+/-.35 IF it goes up when hot but most of mine have always lowered when they're warm or hot. And how's you get the hma/hyundaitechinfo stuff? Or are you paying in?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks for the info!! Is there any way you can check the specs of the others for me? I did it when car was still hot so 5.4 isn't really out if 4.35+/-.35 IF it goes up when hot but most of mine have always lowered when they're warm or hot. And how's you get the hma/hyundaitechinfo stuff? Or are you paying in?
The rest are all the same @2.7-3.4 @20 c. The site if free for me, I'm a hyundai tech.

Text Font Web page Screenshot Line

1 - 5 of 5 Posts