Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,I was standing in the line at the grocery store and saw a consumer report guide on new car buying. The Azera rated quite high on interior quality. Gowever they gigged it for ride quality.

Folks, the superb ride quality is one of the things that impressed me most when I test drove and eventually bought the Azera. I don't get it. Could consumer reports be on the take?

Or does ride deteriorate over time with the Azera?

Thanks,
Jeff

PS, of course they give the Avalon hight marks for ride quality. Drove one, it was very poor compared to the Azera ride quality.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Well,I was standing in the line at the grocery store and saw a consumer report guide on new car buying. The Azera rated quite high on interior quality. Gowever they gigged it for ride quality.

Folks, the superb ride quality is one of the things that impressed me most when I test drove and eventually bought the Azera. I don't get it. Could consumer reports be on the take?

Or does ride deteriorate over time with the Azera?

Thanks,
Jeff

PS, of course they give the Avalon hight marks for ride quality. Drove one, it was very poor compared to the Azera ride quality.
I'm with you. The ride quality in my Azera is excellent, and I have the Tech with the 19" tires. Non-Tech should be a bit smoother due to the 18" tires.

Reviews can be very subjective. There have been several comparisons of Azera with Lacrosse, Avalon, ES, etc. IIRC, the Motor Trend version picked the Azera over the ES, but gave the Avalon a slight edge overall despite the stiffer ride and seats. Car and Driver also have a comparison, and in that one the Azera did not fare so well. It's proof the these reviews are pretty subjective, especially when most of the numerical stats on these cars are very close.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
2012 Azera with approx 25,000 miles and ride quality is still excellent.
Many of these so called expert reviewers come with their own bias. They tend to review against cars that cost allot more and are more sports oriented .

·
Registered
80 Posts
I hate a "jiggly" ride of the ricer sleds on low profile tires but the Azera has non of that.

My old 2006 Accord was bouncy on bumps with its 17" wheels. I hated it. You could hear every thumping bump and the whole frame wiggled. The door seal squeaked requiring a special rubber moisturizer (I am not making that up!).

I personally love the feel. It's an excellent balance of control and comfort.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm very pleased with my 2014 Azera w/Tech ride especially compared to my Avalon. I feel much more secure on the highway with the Azera as it tracks dead straight on.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm very pleased with my 2014 Azera w/Tech ride especially compared to my Avalon. I feel much more secure on the highway with the Azera as it tracks dead straight on.
2014? You've got a time machine! :D

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I appreciate the ride quality every day. It's what surprised me coming from the Sonata YF which I thought rode well. The Azera has no rebound over bumps like my 2011 Sonata had.

I also find the drivers seat to be more desirable in the Azera which helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a 2014 which I traded for the 2016. I found the ride in the 2014 was a little better than the 2016. I also found the seats in the 2014 to be a little better than the 2016.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I had a 2014 which I traded for the 2016. I found the ride in the 2014 was a little better than the 2016. I also found the seats in the 2014 to be a little better than the 2016.
Strange that there was a difference. There has been no change in seats or suspension between the 2014 and 2016. Did you have the same sized tires on both? Was the tire pressure the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts