Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@Omelette: so, did you change the PCV valve?
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I went to the dealership recently for an oil change and asked if they could do it. They didn't have the part availible and said that they reccomend changing it every 60,000 miles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, I just recently purchased a 2015 Hyundai Azera Limited with 36,000 miles (for 17,500 if you must know) and set out to make myself familiar with the engine, cabin parts, and just general maintainence info. However, the drawback to having a unique car like the azera, is that there is very minimal repair videos, engine diagrams, service manuals, etc. online unlike you would get with, for example, a Sonata

I didn't find out much info Online so I figured the forums would be my best bet. My questions really consist of three parts. First off, what should I do in general mileage based maintenence for this car. From my research, I am planning to change oil and filter every 7500/6mon, transmission fluid every 40,000 miles, power steering and brake fluid every 3-4 years, differential fluid every 30,000 miles, Pcv valve every 4 years, rotate tires every 6months, add Tehcron Complete fuel system cleaner every 6 months since it is the same as the hyundai stuff but cheaper, replace air filter every 30,000 miles, cabin filter every 15,000 miles, coolant every 120,000 miles and finally spark plugs every 100,000 miles. Is this a good schedule, is there anything I should change or add?

My second question regards the location of the PCV and it would probably be beneficial to learn the placements of other parts and diagrams and such. I figured since the car is now 4 years old, it would be good to check and clean or even replace the PCV valve, however finding it has given me quite the difficult task. If anyone with this car or a car with the same Lambada 2 GDI engine knows this location or has a decent schematic, it would be much appreciated

And finally third, how much does the Hyundai Dealership charge for an oil filter change. Are they relaitvely competitve or overpriced like everything else at a dealership. If the price is competitive, I would rather go there than Carmax or walmart where they might pull some sneaky stuff like not changing the filter, using cheaper oil, etc.

Thanks for any answers in advance. I hope my fellow hyundai owners know more about this than me :)
I did post this to the new members forum, but figured I might as well repost it here
I had a 2013 Azera that I sold about six months ago. Be prepared to put a new timing belt when it hits over 65,000 miles. The dealerships I went to could not find any problem with my car. I took it in multiple times and could never get the problem resolved. Finally, A dealership narrowed it down to the timing belt which fix the problem. The bad news is it's about $2000. And you might as well get the water pump replaced at the same time because it's going to break down to. That car was a money pit after 65,000 miles. I suggest you sell it before all this happens.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I had a 2013 Azera that I sold about six months ago. Be prepared to put a new timing belt when it hits over 65,000 miles. The dealerships I went to could not find any problem with my car. I took it in multiple times and could never get the problem resolved. Finally, A dealership narrowed it down to the timing belt which fix the problem. The bad news is it's about $2000. And you might as well get the water pump replaced at the same time because it's going to break down to. That car was a money pit after 65,000 miles. I suggest you sell it before all this happens.
Pretty sure the Azera V6 has a chain and not a belt.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The Azera has a timing chain, not a belt. Perhaps that is what you meant. In any event, your experience is not typical. According to Consumer Reports, the Azera is one of the most reliable Hyundai's and maintained a top reliability rating during its model run.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Also, 2000 for a timing belt or even in rare cases having to replace a timing chain sounds like a pretty big rip-off from my experience.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am not able to do maintenance on my own. Lack of space, gear, tools, and all the sorts. I don't want to go to a Hyundai dealership because they inflate the cost and local car shops wouldn't specialize in Hyundais. What are my options?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I am not able to do maintenance on my own. Lack of space, gear, tools, and all the sorts. I don't want to go to a Hyundai dealership because they inflate the cost and local car shops wouldn't specialize in Hyundais. What are my options?
A Hyundai dealership wouldn't necessarily inflate costs and may actually be cheaper because they have specific Hyundai maintenance experience and might do the work better and/or faster. On the other hand, most local repair shops can handle many different makes. Your best bet would be to do an online search of "Hyundai repair <your city>" and see which local shops advertise that they service Hyundais. Then, check Yelp, Google, dealerrater.com and other online user reviews of dealers and local repair shops to find one that has many positive reviews. No matter the route, keep your regular maintenance concentrated on the items recommended in your owner's manual. Many shops want to sell you special XX-mile service packages that include items that are not necessary. Finally, be sure to use top-tier gas in your Hyundai. Top-tier gas companies meet set standards for additive packages that may not be present in other gas companies. See TOP TIER™ Gasoline Brands

21 - 27 of 27 Posts