Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd brake light is out of 2006 Azera. Have a replacement but would like some info on how to remove old one.

The car has a sunshade but not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After 131 views on this post and no response I decided to remove the light the only way I thought it would come out.

Because the Hyundai dealer had told me the light was burned out I figured it would not hurt anything if I ruined it as I had purchased one from a bone yard. And hurt it I did.

The problem now is that the light I took out was not hooked up. It had no power source. I worked for quite awhile trying to find the wire and the plugin connector but it's not there.

I called the Hyundai dealer and told them what I had found and was told there was nothing they could do because they didn't know what had happened to the connector. I told them that they had worked on the car a few years earlier to fix the noisy sunshade and perhaps they had unplugged the light at that time and was told that the dealership had a different owner at that time and they had nothing to do with the problem and could not help me.

At this time I have no idea if the light ever worked or not. I have had some problems with this dealership in the past concerning a noisy timing chain tensioner but will address that problem in another post.

Maybe I will just trade this thing off. Should be ok on a trade as this 2006 Azera limited only has 51,000 miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts