Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into or considered swapping the 3.8L Azera drivetrain into a NF? If I am not mistaken, isn't the 3.8L the same basic design? I wonder if the exterior dimensions are the same? Would be sweet to drop one in if it were possible.......265hp/266ft lbs sounds like a LOT of fun! I am still wondering if anyone can tune our ecu's or if maybe a Tiburon 2.7L ecu can be custom tuned to work w/our larger engine? I would love to see a boosted 3.3L with either a pair of turbo's or a nice single system. ****, even some intake porting and reground cams would be nice too.

·
Banned
335 Posts
If you look real hard in the archives you will a find a member who did this. He also was a Hyundai Tech.

Unfortunately his Sonata was nothing special he reported, and in fact somewhat disappointing. :trophy:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'd get the new DI 3.8 and the 6 speed that goes along with it! Lol, j/k...
I like the 3.3. The only problem is that its capped by the ecu. The stock tune is not for performance but more for reliability, which isn't bad, but its not all that fun either. If you're looking to spend ~$700, ask SFR to tune the ecu for you. I like what they did to the 3.8 gen coupe :thumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who is this company you speak of? I wouldn't mind a good tune for premium fuel, cai, ported intake/heads and good exhaust to get to the 300hp mark. I believe this engine has the potential to make 300hp easily with the right stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts