Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a compatibility here? I was wondering how similar the hubs are on these 2 cars. Are the splines the same size?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 2 2004, 03:00 AM
Are you refering to the front drive shafts?
[snapback]2253[/snapback]​

Yes, excuse me for not clarifying that...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Nov 2 2004, 07:09 PM
Do you want to know whether you can put Accent shafts in an XL?

What model XL do you have?
[snapback]2269[/snapback]​

Gl 4 door.... idk what I want to know exactly. I just don't want to get custom axles for my swap. <_<

·
Registered
422 Posts
What year model is that?
You guys have different names and year models for your cars over there.
I imagine that you are talking about the compatibilty between the LC and the X3.
Am I on the right track?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I do realize that there are quite a bit of differences... I like the looks of the Australian version better. The amber corner lights are badass.

Anyway, it's a 1994 Excel, model is GL... I think that's the only model the 4doors came in.

Excel - click here
^^^Under the hood^^^

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm assuming you are doing the Beta swap, no? If you are you can use the Beta axles just fine, they just may need to be shortened slightly on one side. A common swap I have seen, is a Beta II into an LC, with the Alpha tranny, and Beta axles with the driver side axle shortened by a few mm. If you are doing the Beta swap, it would be much better to use the axles that correspond to that engine, instead of something from another accent. They will be much more able to deal with the power, especially if you end up adding something like a turbo.

Ahh, crap. I just realized that you may be doing the 4g63t swap, and I know nothing about that. Ehh well, hope this helped anyway.

Later.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by occultworks@Nov 4 2004, 09:13 AM
I'm assuming you are doing the Beta swap, no?  If you are you can use the Beta axles just fine, they just may need to be shortened slightly on one side.  A common swap I have seen, is a Beta II into an LC, with the Alpha tranny, and Beta axles with the driver side axle shortened by a few mm.  If you are doing the Beta swap, it would be much better to use the axles that correspond to that engine, instead of something from another accent.  They will be much more able to deal with the power, especially if you end up adding something like a turbo.

Ahh, crap.  I just realized that you may be doing the 4g63t swap, and I know nothing about that.  Ehh well, hope this helped anyway.

Later.
[snapback]2333[/snapback]​

Hahaha, yeah it's a 4G63T swap... thanks for the help though, I would do the beta but I like the bigger displacement engines. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts