Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys yesterday while my car was up on my friends lift ( he was straighting my one rim hit a major pot hole) so while the car was on the lift we noticed that my right passenger side axel was all greased up as if the boot was leaking my car is out of the original warranty but i bought the extended warranty till 100,00 miles i know that that warranty covers mechanical components but not wear and tear stuff I’m going to the dealer tomorrow but i was wondering if an axel boot is that wear and tear or is that something that shouldn’t go bad? Any advice before i take it in would be great thanks

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Axles fall under the heading of drivetrain, so they're covered till 100k under regular warranty. However, the boot is not. If the boot has a crack in it, that's wear and tear, so you are responsible to replace it. If you fail to replace it, and it ruins the axle, then it's your fault and you get to replace the axle too. So they get you no matter what. The other issue is was the boot damaged from hitting something? Then again, that's your fault.

I'd take it to Joe's Auto repair for around $200 and get a whole new axle replacement anyways. For me, I'd get a cheap axle off eBay and DIY.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The boot appears fine it seems like the grease came out from the seal that’s close to the wheel but I guess will see tomorrow what the dealer will say the service writer I deal with is pretty cool when it comes to some things so I guess ill cross my fingers and hope for the best.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to the Dealer today their going to warranty my axel under the powertrain warranty yay!!! there only replacing half the axle the part that is leaking but hey its free cant complain i can honstely say i love my sonata!!! and i will def be buying another hyundai when my payments are up!!! whos with me!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts