Hyundai Forums banner

Awesome Deal On 2009?

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  NUMBER NYC 
QUOTE (natesi @ Jun 30 2010, 01:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337345
Ummm wow.

So, the dude gave me a call back; wants me to stop in and talk price now. I decided I would go in tomorrow. But I stopped by the dealership after they had all left and looked the 2010s over real good. I wanted to pick the actual car I might go with, ahead of time.

Anyhoo...

All I can say is, Hyundai, and the people in Alabama who built the 2010 Sonatas, should be ASHAMED of themselves.

EVERY

SINGLE

ONE

OF

THEM !!

They must have been cranking these things out as fast as possible or something. The fit was so bad on some that I seriously thought they had been in a wreck and carelessly repaired by a sloppy body shop. I’M NOT KIDDING.

There wasn’t a single one (of ten on their lot) that had very good build quality. Bumpers on white cars were different colors. The trim on the bumpers were yet another white color. Some plastics on the blue cars were varied in color. Some doors stuck out WAY further than others. Some doors were mounted so sloppily I was convinced that a cut rate body shop had to have replaced them. But multiple cars were like this. Hood was not on symmetrically, in almost every way imaginable, on almost every car. Very uneven seems between almost every body panel (doors and trunk the worst). Fasteners visible on some bumpers (due to the gap/drooping on one side). Protective undercoating was over sprayed on the underside of some bumpers. Headlights were not mounted symmetrically on each side. And that's just off the top of my head.

I mean, it was bad. Like worse than 1980’s-GM-build-quality bad.

Will it affect durability and longevity? I don’t know. But if they put the engine and tranny together with the same amount of care then I’m a tad scared.

Also, the paint on the Elantras had MASSIVE orange peel….

What the **** is going on here?!? How can quality go DOWN?!?!

The good news is that the build quality and paint on the 2011 Sonatas looked excellent. So…. I guess “screw” the 2010 guys then??? Seriously. What gives?

They had a used 2007 Sonata on the lot which didn’t exhibit any of the problems I saw with the 2010s.

I also looked at a used Camry on the lot, used Ford 500, and some huge monstrous Buick thing. They all had better build quality than the 2010 Sonatas, although, the Buick was the runner up.

So… I don’t know. I’m guessing reliability won’t be affected by the horrid build quality, but who knows. If they can make me a deal of the century, then I might still take it, but this is certainly an incentive to make me thing twice.

I can’t believe this is the same Hyundai I recommended to so many friends. And it’s a shame that the people in Alabama built these cars poorly and let them go out the door in horrid shape. UNBELIEVABLE.

= (

I hear you buddy. I purchased a White Hyundai Sonata 2010 Limited V6 with beige leather interior (April 19/2010). I had already paid for it ($29,980), i was just waiting for my dealership in Queens NY to give me a call when it was ready to be picked up. When i received the call, I quickly left work early and met with my salesman. When i arrived, He told me the car is in the back and its being washed and detailed. He said "it came from all the way from Alabany". I didnt care, I wanted my car and to leave. Well I waited patiently just to realize the color of the back bumper doesnt match the car. Not only that, it had those nasty factory lines (black and brown) running across the car. It also came with safe guard trims (white) that protect the edge of the doors. My salesman said its "free", referring to the sade guards and factory lines. I told him I didnt ask or wanted that on the car. He said, "no problem you can take it off yourself, it just sticks on". I was going to have them do it but i already waited too long so I wanted to get out of there asap.

About 2-3 weeks later I found the time to peel off the factory lines and safe guards. When it came time to peel off the safe guards i had noticed something strange with my white vulture. The rear door on the right was sticking out slitely more then the body of the car (not that noticable). I didnt notice this before because the safe guard made it appear as if it was already sticking out. I called my salesman and told him i wanted to schedule an appointment so he can take a look at the "FuXX ups". Because the color of the back bumper was getting to me, i was already annoyed...so i might as well discuss the safe guard and bumber at the same time. You know what he said? the moment i pointed these flaws out? "Well the bumper is a cosmetic problem, not really a major problem... that is not on the warrenty, therefore we can't help you." How about the rear door that sticks out? "The door mechanism is working properly giving it no reason for repair, again a cosmetic problem". G-A-Y! ****!

The only good thing that came out of this bitter ordeal, was the pricing. You might say. "Really? $29,980?". YEAH!. I went in the dealership with a Hyundai Sonata White 2009 GLS 16,850 miles... with Purple tints (Because the aftermarket place I went to get it done used cheap film). The car had a loan for $15,200. It also had a problem with the engine (Which i didnt mention to them, hehe). I was going in for a Sonata Limited 2010 Model, but I wanted to see what my salesman had in stores for me. He said we could work out a deal if i decide to purchase a car today. He showed me the 2011 Sonatas, I loved it. But the moment i took a look inside and saw that hidous-nasty-ugly- looking human figure on the dash board that indicates the climate, AC Control...i said no way! no way! i dont want it. I asked about the Sonata 2010 white/limited...so we came to an agreement. The dealership would purchase my car in full, they would search for a Sonata of my choice and i would have to take on a new loan of $29,980 with tax included and all that. I said fine, because the 2010 Sonata Limited were going for $25, and change (not including taxes, etc). Plus I wanted the limited to begin with. So it seems they bought the car off of me but put some of that amount on my new car. I didnt care at the moment because i was getting a new car. But now it seems the new car had few minor problems too. But neither the less, i got factory window tints installed for free (yummie) and I'm enjoying my new Limited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.