Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first road trip with the sfs , I set the cruise at 100km and averaged 7.2L/100km. was quite surprised because it's better than posted

·
Registered
26 Posts
Over the last 8months, on a daily commute of 195kms, I regularly recorded 6.8l/100km. This was with cruise control set at an indicated 120km/h for 150km of that journey.

Now I'm living closer to work and only do inner city driving, I get 8l/100km. I'm pretty happy considering the performance of the diesel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
True measure or what the SF told you on the display?
The display only shows what's in the tank averaged over distance travelled. I checked using a full tank of fuel, ran it til the light came on, topped it up again and read how many litres were used. I then averaged based on how many km's had been travelled since previous fill up.

The calculated was bang on what the display showed.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Back and forth to work in the city and errand running is yielding some poor mileage for me. Usually ending the tank around 13-14L /100km. Around 380kms on the tank.

I usually fill up when the light comes on and stop at the first click on the pump. Never topping it off.

My 1989 Chevy Cavalier V6 got about the same mileage. LOL!!! :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just took my new 2.0T and it's first longish drive on the hwy, about 50 miles each way and the eco display had my average above 29mpg the whole time. Cruise control set at the speed limit the whole time so a mix of 55, 60, and 65 mph.

It'll be interesting to see how good it is when I fill up for the first time.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I just filled mine up for the 2nd time. Combined city and highway read 9.8 l/100 km in the car but the math shows 10.8 l/100 km. This is slightly better than what I was getting with my 2003 Caravan. I can only assume the SF isn't broken in yet. Eco and A/C on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Best obd reading we got was 7.3l/100 km. This gaves us 35.8mpg Imperial. The obd seems to be a rough relative guide but I can't see any of our fillups where it was anywhere close to the calculated.
So,after 13 fillups, our true average is 33.X mpg with the computer showing anywhere between 8.2 and 7.3 l/100 km. The obd is very optimistic compared to what we actually are getting. Our mileage is 98% highway.
P.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts