Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to connect my ipod to the car stereo.
I heard if i hook up some kind of cable to the rear part of the stock radio and let the other cable out somehow.
IS there a such a thing that does that?
Or do i need to buy a aftermarket radio?
I dont want the radio transmitter.

Any helps here?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an 09 and it comes with a usb and aux plug in.

I'm assuming yours doesn't. Not sure about the rear plug in part but here is what I have done.

Before I had a car with an aux plug in I either had a tape deck to head phone jack plug in and later on I bought a Belkin FM Transmitter.

You said you don't want to go that route but the plus side of having one is that charges your ipod while your in your car. The FM transmitting part is not very good especailly if you travel. You constantly have to search for clear stations however they do have an aux plug on the bottom to run a hard wire.

I paid like $80 for mine a couple years ago. They are probably cheaper now and cost less than a new head unit.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
There used to be an adapter but it's no longer made. The double-DIN aftermarket radios look a lot better than the single-DIN. JVC makes a double with a removable faceplate. Good luck and I completely agree about the transmitter. :harhar:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think your best bet is an aftermarket radio. I installed a double-DIN JVC unit with a JVC iPod interface adapter and it works very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts