Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm due for my 30,000 maintenance. At the dealership, they wanted me to change to the fluid for the transmission. I thought you are supposed to change it every 60,000 miles according to the miles. I have seen other members here change it around 10,000 -20,000 miles. When am I suppose to actually change?

Since I have the tools and everything, if I do need to change it, I have decided I will do it myself. Should I refill or flush? I've seen most of you guys decided to go with redline so because of that, I have decided to follow that path ^_^ Thanks in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
do whatever the owner's manual says, not the dealer.
they have a financial motive too get you to overdo the scheduled changes.

·
Registered
940 Posts
they have a financial motive too get you to overdo the scheduled changes.
I agree. However, if you can do it yourself, it's relatively cheap insurance. Especially on the first change. I assume there's a bit of "break in" which occurs.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll just change it. Would you guys recommend a flush or could I just drain and fill?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
at your mileage a drain and fill is fine knowing you get around 50% of the fluid but if you are going to do it every 30,000 your tranny will outlive the car. However, if still under warranty you may wish to wait until the recommended manual change or have the dealer do it. Having a problem between now and the end of the warranty will be tough if you change the fluid yourself IMO, especially with a non OEM fluid.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will change the fluid and filter when the car gets to 30K miles (28K right now). Where I live gets very hot and I drive on mountain roads a lot. However, I don't know how to change the tranny filter, I looked in the repair manual and couldn't find anything on how to do that.

Does anyone knows how to change the filter?

·
Registered
125 Posts
at your mileage a drain and fill is fine knowing you get around 50% of the fluid but if you are going to do it every 30,000 your tranny will outlive the car. However, if still under warranty you may wish to wait until the recommended manual change or have the dealer do it. Having a problem between now and the end of the warranty will be tough if you change the fluid yourself IMO, especially with a non OEM fluid.
I forgot to include this in my earlier post. I agree exactly with it.

if you do it yourself, double check the fluid type and keep all receipts so you can prove you did it with the right fluid. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts