Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my understanding so far, it seems that the automatic transmission is sealed and there is no replaceable filter?

Basically I would like the transmission to last as long as possible and I don't believe the suggested maintenance is enough to have the transmission last 200k+ miles. Would it be beneficial to install an external replaceable transmission filter? What about periodic (yearly?) drain/fill the automatic transmission fluid?

Thanks

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
The way I look at it they wouldn't give you a warranty for 100k if they didn't think the transmission would last a lot longer than that. If you are worried then change the fluid regularly like every 30k miles. I'm just going to follow what the book says.

·
22,787 Posts
The way I look at it they wouldn't give you a warranty for 100k if they didn't think the transmission would last a lot longer than that. If you are worried then change the fluid regularly like every 30k miles. I'm just going to follow what the book says.
What he said! I follow the OEM's stated maintenance schedule, religiously. IMO, the engineers spent a great amount of time and research laying out their PM program. I'll trust their reasoning.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
It all depends how and where you drive. I would personally change the fluid before the recommended maintenance just to feel safe but that's me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts