Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove 1,078 highway miles this past week & 3 times during my drives the transmission shifted out of gear & the engine revved up to around 6,500 rpm like it was in neutral. The first 2 times I let off the gas pedal & once the revs dropped it shifted back into gear with a jolt. The 3rd time it popped out of gear I floored the gas pedal & it revved to redline but didn't shift so I let off the gas & once again it shifted back into gear. Each time it did this I was cruising 65-70 mph & gradually pressing down on the gas pedal to either maintain speed on an incline or pass someone. It's a 2009 that I bought new & it now has 16,023 miles. I checked the ATF fluid level when hot & in neutral & it's 1/2 inch above the 4th highest pinhole on the dipstick which I would think would be fine. I'll take the car to the dealer this week but I want to learn all I can before I do. Anyone else experience this?

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,875 Posts
If you hit the O/D OFF switch and force it into 3rd, does it also drop out? 

Haven't heard of anyone on the board with this problem on this generation Accent.  The previous gen had a lot of problems with not having a 4th gear.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ Nov 29 2010, 09:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375643

Haven't heard of anyone on the board with this problem on this generation Accent.  The previous gen had a lot of problems with not having a 4th gear.
I think he's referring to the transmission slipping, which has been talked about much before :whistling: lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ Nov 29 2010, 08:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375643

I haven't tried that. I think it would stay in 3rd but I'll see what it does. It may be a few days though, my wife has the car this week.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
My new '11 Accent I picked up yesterday went bang when it shifted to go up a hill.
Scared the Crap outta me.
Hope it's ok, but I guess that's what a warranty's for :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds like an internal transmission issue, which is bad, especially for such a new car. I hope you get is sorted out. Keep us posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts