Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

i had my automatic letters shifting light is gone i want to know how to change it and do i have to remove the automatic shifting knob to do that, by

the way mine it's 2.4l engine came with plastic cover i want to change with V6 chrome plate with chrome auto shifting knob

any help

thank you

·
Registered
279 Posts
It's just a 194 wedge bulb in there. Remove the screws on both sides of the lower centre console as illustrated here.

Then with the armrest console lid open, stick your finger into the top of the hole for the parking brake. pull directly up and it should free up. There are 2 screw on the bottom of the shifter, remove them and carefully loft the shift knob off. Once you have that done, notice the 4 retaining clips aloong the edge of the shifter panel, carefully pry them back to get the shifter plate to come off. the bulb is under there.

As for the chrome plate, you might want to reconsider that as you are basically putting a mirror on an area which gets a lot of direct sunlight and run the risk of dazzling yourself while driving.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you spawn it was very helpful, and you are right about the chrome i think it looks nice like this as well

i want to ask you something i am planing to put a 17" inch rims dose it effect the car engine because of the extra weight

·
Registered
279 Posts
not so much, my first set of rims were 17" special order ones. They were a little heavier than the 16", but it was hardly noticable. I still use the 16" as my winter rims. now if you go 20", that is a different story, you notice a drop in pickup and braking power as the turck has to work harder to get the additional weight moving and stopped.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you

and anther question i have 2004 santa fe once i found my tailight broken so i replace them with 2005 model it fits nice but the problem i see

is the light it's not strong as it's in santa fe 2005 do i have to change the bulb and who strong it should be and do i have to change the fuses as well

thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts