Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

For the last couple of months I have been getting a message that my AEB is disabled and to clear the sensor. It has sporadic so I did not think much of it being a problem because I thought it could have been a large truck or vehicle it could not identify. So this past Saturday I made a trip from NJ to PA about 150 miles round trip where the message/warning came on for almost the whole trip. This time I thought I had a real problem with the AEB system but as before the message would clear each time I turn the car back on. I washed my car on Sunday to remove the bugs that I ran into during my highway trip and to clear any from in front of the sensor.

Anyway, yesterday on my way home from work (14 miles) the message came back on and has not cleared this time around. When I got home I check where the front sensor is located and it was clean of any debris/dirt and then disconnected the battery for a few minutes to see if it would reset something. Nope! Message was still there after the battery was connected... At this time I went online and scheduled an appointment with my local dealer but I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this problem?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Based on what you're saying, you have a bad sensor that needs replacement.

FWIW. I got a similar message with my blind spot detection. And the troubleshooting went like this:

1. Clear the code. See if the error comes back. (it did 24 hours later)
2. Disassemble everything related to the sensor. Look for shorts (they found one). Use dielectric grease and reassemble. See if the error comes back. (it did 24 hours later).
3. Replace the sensor. See if the error comes back. (It did not).

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had a lot of AEB problems actually.
Almost once a year which kinda sucks...
Took forever the first time for the mechanic to find out because at the time car was too new and they did not have wiring diagram with them.

My issues were always "Check AEB System" and never Clean the sensor (clean sensor comes on during winter and when slush is wiped away it goes away instantly).
Anyways to break it down...
1st time was broken wire. (Took over 2 weeks just to figure it out because they had to get wiring diagram from HQ in Korea)
2nd time was bad sensor. (Took only the amount of time for part shipping).
3rd time was bad sensor again. (Took only the amount of time for part shipping).

All fixed from dealer at no cost. I drive a lot due to commute and I will hit the 100000km mark before by 3 years of owning the car.
Canada warranty is 100000km or 5 years which ever comes first but I think this is limited to certain parts.
Luckily during the process I built a good relationship with the VP at my dealership, he said even after my warranty expires he will always cover the issue.

For some reason it always happens during winter...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hello!

For the last couple of months I have been getting a message that my AEB is disabled and to clear the sensor. It has sporadic so I did not think much of it being a problem because I thought it could have been a large truck or vehicle it could not identify. So this past Saturday I made a trip from NJ to PA about 150 miles round trip where the message/warning came on for almost the whole trip. This time I thought I had a real problem with the AEB system but as before the message would clear each time I turn the car back on. I washed my car on Sunday to remove the bugs that I ran into during my highway trip and to clear any from in front of the sensor.

Anyway, yesterday on my way home from work (14 miles) the message came back on and has not cleared this time around. When I got home I check where the front sensor is located and it was clean of any debris/dirt and then disconnected the battery for a few minutes to see if it would reset something. Nope! Message was still there after the battery was connected... At this time I went online and scheduled an appointment with my local dealer but I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this problem?

Simple answer,,, you have a 5yr / 60,000 WARRANTY to cover the concern...

Drop it at dealer and let them deal with it

Reactions: ninjastar687

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on what you're saying, you have a bad sensor that needs replacement.

FWIW. I got a similar message with my blind spot detection. And the troubleshooting went like this:

1. Clear the code. See if the error comes back. (it did 24 hours later)
2. Disassemble everything related to the sensor. Look for shorts (they found one). Use dielectric grease and reassemble. See if the error comes back. (it did 24 hours later).
3. Replace the sensor. See if the error comes back. (It did not).
The_It_Nerd, I will let the pros handle my problem at the dealer... My appointment is scheduled for July 12th, once I get it checked out and hopefully fixed I will share what happened.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a lot of AEB problems actually.
Almost once a year which kinda sucks...
Took forever the first time for the mechanic to find out because at the time car was too new and they did not have wiring diagram with them.

My issues were always "Check AEB System" and never Clean the sensor (clean sensor comes on during winter and when slush is wiped away it goes away instantly).
Anyways to break it down...
1st time was broken wire. (Took over 2 weeks just to figure it out because they had to get wiring diagram from HQ in Korea)
2nd time was bad sensor. (Took only the amount of time for part shipping).
3rd time was bad sensor again. (Took only the amount of time for part shipping).

All fixed from dealer at no cost. I drive a lot due to commute and I will hit the 100000km mark before by 3 years of owning the car.
Canada warranty is 100000km or 5 years which ever comes first but I think this is limited to certain parts.
Luckily during the process I built a good relationship with the VP at my dealership, he said even after my warranty expires he will always cover the issue.

For some reason it always happens during winter...
jusungchai, mine actually went from "clear sensor" to just "check AEB system" now... Hopefully it is a simple fix by just replacing the sensor. I have no other complaints...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, so I have an update on my AEB system... They have to replace the radar sensor which has stopped working. Apparently, it is not a common issue so don't worry but it would have cost $1,900 (including labor) to replace if it was not covered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts