Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 2012 Limited and noticed that when I shift from Park to Reverse or drive, the door locks cycle 4 times.

Has anyone ever experienced this and is it something that the dealer can take care of?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think one of your power door lock actuators are not working properly. I have one that is weak and when the auto lock senses that one of the doors did not lock properly it tries 3 or 4 times to lock the doors before it gives up. So next time it happens check your doors (will need an extra set of hands to check the rear tailgate since you are inside the vehicle with it in gear) to see if they all actually locked or not. And if one is not locked you have found your problem.

Scott

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think one of your power door lock actuators are not working properly. I have one that is weak and when the auto lock senses that one of the doors did not lock properly it tries 3 or 4 times to lock the doors before it gives up. So next time it happens check your doors (will need an extra set of hands to check the rear tailgate since you are inside the vehicle with it in gear) to see if they all actually locked or not. And if one is not locked you have found your problem.

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for that insight. I'm going to try that out tomorrow!

Love this forum! :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott,

Figured out it is the drivers side passenger door. Got an appointment with the dealer since it is still under warranty.

Hopefully we won't get any grief about it from them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2011 Limited with the exact same symptoms.
Sounds like you need to do the same troubleshooting scknf mentioned --
So next time it happens check your doors (will need an extra set of hands to check the rear tailgate since you are inside the vehicle with it in gear) to see if they all actually locked or not. And if one is not locked you have found your problem.
Scott
You need to determine which lock mechanism is having a problem.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Does this mean it was the front driver's side door actuator? I have a 2011 Limited with the exact same symptoms. Did you get it resolved?

I have the same problem with the left rear door lock motor. It doesn't want to unlock. I have to reach back and unlock it manually. My car is under a third party extended warranty and I intend to get it fixed in the next few weeks.

FWIW, my '01 Santa Fe had a similar problem. It seems to be a not very common, but well known, malfunction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts