Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 Lantra the auto transmission some times does not shift to 1st when I stop at a traffic light etc and have to manually shift to 1st for power to move. can any one pls advise the fix for this problem
thank you
Belmarkh

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, @reubj is right. My first guess would be low fluid, but if it's got more than 50K miles (that's probably 80K Kilometers for you), then rip off that pan and be replacing that fluid and filter. At the very least, check your fluid level. Do this with the car already warmed up and in neutral. I don't know what the actual service interval is for the Lantra/Elantra autos, but starting at about 50K miles, I began to change the transmission fluid every time I changed the oil in my 2000 Elantra, and to change the filter every third fluid change (mine had a drain plug in the trans pan, with luck, they all do) and everyone I know seems to be amazed that it made it 80K Miles, let alone 150K with no transmission problems. Autos don't last too long in these mountains.

Even with dirty trans fluid, it should at least go into 1st @ a stoplight, so my guess is low fluid. Let us know if your fluid level is good, it may be something more serious, but hopefully just low fluid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts