Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have the Elantra 2018 SE, I'm thinking about adding the auto start key.

I have an option to get it added by the dealer but it costs more and it does less compared to all these 3rd part options.

My questions is: will adding the 3rd party keyless auto start effect my warranty?

I did a lots of research and I got both answers and not sure which one to trust.

Thank you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for the response.
I also contacted Hyundai and they said it will only effect the warranty if it cause a damage. So if the dealer can prove that the installed item caused damage then Yes other wise the warranty will still be fine.
If anything happen and not related to the installed part the warranty still in place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed this myself and working great, saved me 500$ and I think I did a great job. If anyone like to do this I want to say it is easy but please do your own research (I'm not telling you what to do, I'm only sharing what I did)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got them to throw in the remote start when I bought the car and it SUCKS. I never use it.

It's a different fob (what a PITA), can never seem to get it to work properly either. When I get unlock the car after remote start and press the button on the dash to start the car, the car just shuts down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts