Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
even with the ASL auto sound level mode shut off, the volume still goes up and down eratically.

is there a fix to this?

·
Banned
630 Posts
your radio is offended by your staggered rim choice lol

I kid I kid

·
Registered
817 Posts
I haven't had that problem.

I would suggest you bring this to the attention of your dealer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have my ASL set to "on", but I cannot tell any difference in volume while driving. Is there some trick to this setting? Exactly how is this feature supposed to work?

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (ACDavis82 @ Jul 12 2010, 07:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340957
I also have the ASL turned on and notice no difference whatsoever when I accelerate/decelerate.
You know, I didn't notice anything either, but also didn't realize that the ASL was defaulted to ON. However, when I did notice it was on, and concentrated on the sound leveling, I was shocked at how smoothly it changed the volume. Pay closer attention to it. This car's ASL is FAR superior than any other car I've owned that had ASL. It is so smooth it is hard to detect and most of the time goes unnoticed, but if you turn it off you can definitely tell it's been turned off

·
Registered
58 Posts
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jul 12 2010, 11:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341017
You know, I didn't notice anything either, but also didn't realize that the ASL was defaulted to ON. However, when I did notice it was on, and concentrated on the sound leveling, I was shocked at how smoothly it changed the volume. Pay closer attention to it. This car's ASL is FAR superior than any other car I've owned that had ASL. It is so smooth it is hard to detect and most of the time goes unnoticed, but if you turn it off you can definitely tell it's been turned off
I wondered about that, if it was just that smooth that it was hard to notice. I will pay closer attention and see if I can hear a difference...

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (ACDavis82 @ Jul 12 2010, 10:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341019
I wondered about that, if it was just that smooth that it was hard to notice. I will pay closer attention and see if I can hear a difference...
Yeah, normally I notice that most ASL systems will jump the volume from say 6 @ 10mph to 8 @ 35mph and then 12 @ 50mph but the Sonata's system gradually slides the volume up smoothly, no volume jumping. It's very impressive.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats strange.....I had it on off and I would notice irritating volume fluctuations, but now I have it ON and the fluctuations have either lessened or is gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts