Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a 2007 sonata for a few months now, bought it used with the Auto lock feature enabled.

However, the unlock aspect of auto lock is quite annoying. It doesn't unlock all the doors, or possible none of the doors now that I think about it. When getting out of the car and trying to get something from the back seat, always have to go back and unlock the doors via the drivers panel or fob.

Is this standard, or is something wrong? Can it be changed? Anyone have any experience?

Thanks

·
Banned
335 Posts
Only a handful here have the auto lock feature, and you might need to have the auto unlock feature on the Sonata re programmed?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The only auto-lock/unlock feature I have is when placing the transmission into/out of Park. If all the doors are properly closed, moving the shift lever from Park locks all of the doors. Similarly, when I move the shift lever into Park, all of the doors unlock. My Saturn did this when the key was placed into/out of the ignition. I prefer Hyundai's version since it is nice to easily be able to let people into/out of the car once in Park and then re-lock the doors once on the move again, without having to turn off the engine or having to remember to manaually unlock/lock the doors. This feature was already activated when I purchased my vehicle and according to the manual if this feature is installed it can be activated/de-activated by a Hyundai Dealer.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
One more thing I found out after I owned the car for a while, the auto RE-lock feature. If after you lock the car with the fob, you press the unlock button, the car will re-lock itself back up after 30 seconds if no doors are opened or the trunk has not been popped. Since the fob has such a long range, it's a nice feature in case the unlock button gets pressed accidentally after locking the car.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (ActionMan @ Oct 14 2010, 01:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363463
One more thing I found out after I owned the car for a while, the auto RE-lock feature. If after you lock the car with the fob, you press the unlock button, the car will re-lock itself back up after 30 seconds if no doors are opened or the trunk has not been popped. Since the fob has such a long range, it's a nice feature in case the unlock button gets pressed accidentally after locking the car.
Hey Actionman, :thumbsup: you could always modify your original post if you need to add any thoughts.

I do like that feature, but my old Hyundai had one of those $99 Alarms, and I liked that it armed itself by itself thirty seconds after you

exited the Car. (Active vs Passive alarm.) It also had a microphone and a shock sensor. Loved when it went off during Earthquakes! :banana:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Oct 14 2010, 02:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363504
Hey Actionman, :thumbsup: you could always modify your original post if you need to add any thoughts.

I do like that feature, but my old Hyundai had one of those $99 Alarms, and I liked that it armed itself by itself thirty seconds after you

exited the Car. (Active vs Passive alarm.) It also had a microphone and a shock sensor. Loved when it went off during Earthquakes! :banana:
Yeah, I know, I wanted to make a separate point thought, and I modified the crap out of my first post already! :p :D

Another reason to love Colorado, compared to rest of country, pretty tame when it comes to natural disasters. Where I live, too far away from coast for hurricanes, too stable for big earthquakes, too close to foothills for tornadoes, not on a flood plain or even near one. Snow, rain, lightning are biggest concerns here.

·
Banned
335 Posts
Just spent 8.5 Years in South Florida. Lightning can be deadly. Each year they would find people struck by a bolt. They also

found people eaten by Alligators too. And they had flying Roaches the size of your hand with faces that hissed at you. But it is funny

to hear your Alarm, and see all the Cars tilted in a different direction when the ground shifts in Southern CA. We paid quite a bit for this

Keyless entry system that doubles as an Alarm however it is a bare bones system. Also most dealers were charging for the programming.

Anytime they hook their system to the Sonata 'Brain' they try and rip you off. I hate that, and that is why the SAS talks were interesting!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Don't forget the fire ants, nature's little reminder that we are never in control.

After Florida, Colorado is pretty high up there as well. Even though one has a better chance of getting hit by lightning than winning the lottery, there's not much of a difference. I like Florida in the winter, but not the summer. The record low for the Orlando area during the summer is 70 degrees F, ironically I did experience that when I was there in August, 2004, during Hurricane Charley. All it took was 100+ MPH winds blowing salt water sideways to get the temperature down to 70 degrees. No thanks, I'll take Colorado any day, 3 foot blizzards, -40 degrees F and all.

·
Banned
335 Posts
Oh yeah those 'invisible' Ants that change your life. They move at speeds up to 4 times the regular Ants. They don't bite as fire ants will
and yes there are those too, generally larger. The almost invisible Ants will take over your home & life. I did find a product however that totally amazed me. Probably so highly poisonous that my life has been shortened. Its that Combat Ant Gel. Only works if you apply it where they pour out of the wall. You can actually watch an Ant frenzy as they go wild for it, although some Ants seem to know better. You know they are one giant collective like the Borg, but this Gel actually worked for over a year. Did I mention it rained every day!

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL Plus
2,225 Posts
My 2009 Sonata was programmed when I bought it to unlock all four doors when parked. My 2008 Sonata didn't autolock and I had that reprogrammed but it doesn't auto unlock all four doors when parked and next time I go to the dealer I am going to ask him about reprogramming it to unlock all four upon parking. It is a pain in the rear end. It also autolocks if you unlock the car and do not make entry within a short period of time which I view as a good safety feature.

I like the fact that the key fob and key are separate. If you lose the key you can easily have another one cut anywhere if you have a blank. The fobs are available on ebay for little to nothing. I keep a couple in reserve just in case. But they need to be reprogrammed at the dealer as do the TPMS sensors.

On some cars with the combo key/fobs if you lose one of those you are looking at several hundred dollars to replace those. I prefer the Hyundai method over the other for the sheer cost factor.

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (shizzle @ Oct 14 2010, 11:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363427
I've had a 2007 sonata for a few months now, bought it used with the Auto lock feature enabled.

However, the unlock aspect of auto lock is quite annoying.

Is this standard, or is something wrong? Can it be changed? Anyone have any experience?

Thanks
The 2007 Sonata does not have a unlock feature, that came later in 09 IIRC.
The lock options are OFF and at 20,30,40 KMs.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited 1.6T
54 Posts
Not to jump in and steal the thunder of this topic, but I have a 2007 GLS and was told by the dealer they didn't want to waste their time and my money by trying to turn this auto lock feature on. They told me they only successfully did it once, and it was not on a Sonata. It would have been 1.5 hrs labor for them to try and turn it on :whistling: , so I passed...did all of your cars come with it on, or did you pay to have it turned on?

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (TheCapt @ Oct 15 2010, 12:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363700
Not to jump in and steal the thunder of this topic, but I have a 2007 GLS and was told by the dealer they didn't want to waste their time and my money by trying to turn this auto lock feature on. They told me they only successfully did it once, and it was not on a Sonata. It would have been 1.5 hrs labor for them to try and turn it on :whistling: , so I passed...did all of your cars come with it on, or did you pay to have it turned on?
Hey Captain, thanx for spotting those OEM All Weather Hyundai Mats. :trophy: It was great while it lasted. :banana:

The average time has always been quoted as less than half an hour. So 1.5 Shop hours is outrageous :w00t:

Most Sonatas do not come set, and most Dealers charge. Some here have had the Dealer do it for free, usually only

in the first year which includes adjustments :57:

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited 1.6T
54 Posts
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Oct 15 2010, 03:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363731
Hey Captain, thanx for spotting those OEM All Weather Hyundai Mats. :trophy: It was great while it lasted. :banana:

The average time has always been quoted as less than half an hour. So 1.5 Shop hours is outrageous :w00t:

Most Sonatas do not come set, and most Dealers charge. Some here have had the Dealer do it for free, usually only

in the first year which includes adjustments :57:
No problem...I'm glad that deal ended up staying in a thread where everyone could see it and use it.

I have one more dealer I can call to see if they can do it. I even told the dealer I would pay for their "30,000 service" if they would activate that for me for no charge...they didn't want to "waste time" trying to do something they didn't think would work.

Other dealer it is...thanks for getting back to me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The 2007 Sonata does not have a auto unlock feature, that came later in 09 IIRC.

QUOTE (NFV6 @ Oct 15 2010, 12:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363687
So the 2006 Manual just anticipated auto unlock. :whistling: Frankly I'm not sure you know what you are saying? :trophy:
The Manual excerpt you included in an earlier post did not appear in the Sonata manual until 2009. The statement in the 2006 -2008 manual on the subject is posted below.

You should have more knowledge of the subject before you tell someone that they don't know what they are talking about.

Do you have a 2006-2008 Sonata? Do you doors auto unlock?

Attachments

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (Partner @ Oct 16 2010, 12:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363874
The 2007 Sonata does not have a auto unlock feature, that came later in 09 IIRC.

The Manual excerpt you included in an earlier post did not appear in the Sonata manual until 2009. The statement in the 2006 -2008 manual on the subject is posted below.

You should have more knowledge of the subject before you tell someone that they don't know what they are talking about.

Do you have a 2006-2008 Sonata? Do you doors auto unlock?
Oh come on now. I only have one manual stored on my Computer here, and it is the 2006 one from maderhatters ex site. Got it about the time you joined here in 2007. I do know enough on this subject to tell you that you must be mistaken. Do my doors automatically lock or unlock, No. Can they unlock and lock Automatically, yes if I had them programmed to.

BTW, your snippet couldn't possibly apply to any Sonata made in Alabama for the United States? :whistling: Look at the way they spell

"AUTHORIZED" We don't use "Authorised" :p here!

·
Registered
234 Posts
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Oct 16 2010, 02:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363880
Oh come on now. I only have one manual stored on my Computer here, and it is the 2006 one from maderhatters ex site. Got it about the time you joined here in 2007. I do know enough on this subject to tell you that you must be mistaken. Do my doors automatically lock or unlock, No. Can they unlock and lock Automatically, yes if I had them programmed to.

BTW, your snippet couldn't possibly apply to any Sonata made in Alabama for the United States? :whistling: Look at the way they spell

"AUTHORIZED" We don't use "Authorised" :p here!

I used the manuals from HMASERVICE and my glove box (2007) for my references, but I went to Madhatters site to see if they were different. They were not except for the mis-spelling you pointed out. Not only that but I searched each manual (2006-2009) for the paragraph # "D050400ANF" of the excerpt you posted and it only showed up in the 2009 manual. The auto lock(unlock) feature is on page 1-7 of each manual. Why don't you go do some homework and then report back to the forum what you found out.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (Partner @ Oct 16 2010, 04:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363919
I used the manuals from HMASERVICE and my glove box (2007) for my references, but I went to Madhatters site to see if they were different. They were not except for the mis-spelling you pointed out. Not only that but I searched each manual (2006-2009) for the paragraph # "D050400ANF" of the excerpt you posted and it only showed up in the 2009 manual. The auto lock(unlock) feature is on page 1-7 of each manual. Why don't you go do some homework and then report back to the forum what you found out.
I did not use HMA and it is interesting that you wound up with a Canadian Version, and I claim to have found my snippy in the 2006

on line manual, yet I have no idea where that came from. However I don't have access to a 2009 manual without downloading it, So

I will conceed. :57: Where would I have gotten that from, and why is HMA using HMC (Hyundai Canada) documents?

·
Registered
458 Posts
2 points, My 07 sonata was built in sept of 2006. I had the dealer activate the auto lock feature. No cost and took about 10 mins. I guess I have never noticed the Auto unlock as I open the door with the handle when I exit the car, but If I want to open a door from the outside I use the fob.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts