Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
My first post! I picked up my new ix35 (Australian version of the Tuscon ix) 3 days ago, and am loving it so far.

The only thing that concerns me is that the back seat belts do not have "auto-lock" mode. The manual makes no mention of it - but oddly the US Tuscon manual (i found a link in another post on here) DOES mention it.

The way i believe it is meant to work is you pull the seat belt all the way out, then slowly let it retract and it goes into auto-lock mode - meaning you can't pull any more out.. so it keeps baby seats in place.

My aussie ix35 doesn't seem to do this. Can any other Aussie ix35 owners confirm?

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (Zubs @ Jul 6 2010, 08:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339362
Hi Guys
My first post! I picked up my new ix35 (Australian version of the Tuscon ix) 3 days ago, and am loving it so far.

The only thing that concerns me is that the back seat belts do not have "auto-lock" mode. The manual makes no mention of it - but oddly the US Tuscon manual (i found a link in another post on here) DOES mention it.

The way i believe it is meant to work is you pull the seat belt all the way out, then slowly let it retract and it goes into auto-lock mode - meaning you can't pull any more out.. so it keeps baby seats in place.

My aussie ix35 doesn't seem to do this. Can any other Aussie ix35 owners confirm?
G'day, Zubs! I don't know if you have found out anything there yet, but I did go out to my Tucson and verify that it DOES work on the USA model. I never even knew that was there, but when I get grandkids, I'll now be ready!!!

Good luck with your ix35.

tim B)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tim
Thanks for the reply!

It seems that the Aussie version doesn't have this feature.. which is odd, as most cars here have it..

Most car-seats these days come with little clips that lock the seat belt in place so it's not a huge problem - just a pity that they have it in the US version and not the aussie version.

I guess the cars are a bit different anyway.. we get the push-button start but no GPS and no interior red-leather...

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (Zubs @ Jul 11 2010, 08:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340838
Hi Tim
Thanks for the reply!

It seems that the Aussie version doesn't have this feature.. which is odd, as most cars here have it..

Most car-seats these days come with little clips that lock the seat belt in place so it's not a huge problem - just a pity that they have it in the US version and not the aussie version.

I guess the cars are a bit different anyway.. we get the push-button start but no GPS and no interior red-leather...
Yeah, and from what I understand, they keep putting the steering wheel on the wrong side, too! :) (I was down under in 2006 and I am kicking myself for buying my return ticket, as I would much rather be there than here!!!)

Oh, well, enjoy your new ride. It is sweeeeet!

tim B)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Tim
Haha yes - the steering wheel is on the CORRECT side! :p

It is a great car. I've had it for a week and absolutely love driving it. The sunroofs, the leather, the push-button start, heated seats.. all make it an awesome car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there a way to exit the auto-locking mode without fully retracting the seat belt (some button hidden somewhere or any other trick)? I recently locked a regular wooden chair in my car and was neither able to fully retract the belt nor remove the chair without extending it...

BTW, I think all cars sold in Europe do not have this seat belt auto-locking feature...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts