Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just a quick one for you, my new gen i20 style has automatic headlights, all worked fine but now they won't come on regardless of how dark it is outside, I wondered if it was something to do with the energy saving mode thingy that the car has, have tried all manner of things to get them to work but to no avail, yes I can turn the switch but you pay for these things and it would be nice if they worked, any ideas people?

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
you pay for these things and it would be nice if they worked, any ideas people?
How new IS it ??
Warranty ??

Unless there is a setup option where you can disable that feature, it is likely that the light sensor, usually on the dashboard, has gone bad or come unplugged.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How new IS it ??
Warranty ??

Unless there is a setup option where you can disable that feature, it is likely that the light sensor, usually on the dashboard, has gone bad or come unplugged.
Its a 2012 i20 style, only 8 months old so still in warranty, just wondered if it was something that I was doing wrong, guess I'll just have to contact the dealer

·
Registered
163 Posts
How new IS it ??
Warranty ??

It has been my experience with other cars that if the sensor goes bad or becomes unplugged that the lights would default to on. I'm not saying that Hyundai's circuit logic is the same, but I have had personal experience with two other manufactures where this has been the case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the lights used to default to off when you took the key out, now the side lights/parking lights remain on when the key is removed, handbook says that there is a battery saving system and the lights should turn off on removal of the ignition key so am guessing that the sensor has failed or become unplugged, not very good on an 8 month old car but no big deal as its only a turn of the switch, but as I said in my OP you pay for these gadgets and it would be nice if they actually worked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts