Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing the auto headlight sensor that sits in the front center of the dashboard and dropped the wire harness in the hole :( I cant see it and its an awkward place to get to. Does anyone know how to fish it out without removing the entire top dash. I tried getting to it by removing the radio unit but there is a separate compartment where that wire goes trough behind the radio, so that was a no go.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
My wife dropped her engagement ring on the bathroom floor and that sucker took a nifty bounce to go between the kick plate and bottom of the cabinet. So it was destroy the expensive cabinet (cut up the floor) or leave the ring there. Neither were acceptable. I took my flex arm camera and fished around until I located it. Then I reverse wrapped duct tape on the head of the camera and fished it back out.

Fishing stuff out can be an exercise in ingenuity. Do you have a flexible jaw tool? Sometimes wire harness can get stuck in the simplest of things or have enough "tug" in them that you wont be able to get it out without some force. Remember to protect your dash if you are dragging stuff in and out of that hole Use a couple layers of painters tape layered up to protect your dash from scratches and then lay a rag on top.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Get one of these flexible grab tools. I use mine quite often to retrieve things.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Dropping something like that down a hole reserves some special swear words. Try buying or renting a bore scope.

Also as said you need the weigh the cost vs. benefit of recovery.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I was hoping for an access panel that i did not already see :)

Flexible grab tool it is than. I got a small one for electronics but you are right I could see use of this around the house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts